User Avatar Image

I need the people's opinion

posted by biscuitdoughhandsman on - last edited - Viewed by 299 users

As I said in the newest blog that tells about the release of Monkey Island (the SQUEAL! one), I think telltale should release Monkey Island in Episodes so we can try out a full length episode, and not end up wasting $35 if we don't like it. Please post your opinions here.

44 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Isn't episode 1 also a demo?

• Simply AMAZING! I think I am half way tot he end, but it's wonderfull to see the good old Guybrush, with new graphic but, and that is really something to Praise the telltale guys, with the good old sense of humor!

GO ON GUYS!

• If you liked previous monkey island games, you can not get by this one anyway.
    I think it is well worth the money, if that helps.

• @Hallenbeck said: Simply AMAZING! I think I am half way tot he end, but it's wonderfull to see the good old Guybrush, with new graphic but, and that is really something to Praise the telltale guys, with the good old sense of humor!

GO ON GUYS!

not to be rude, but how does this have anything to do with my question?

• I will tell you when I am done playing all the episodes

• Yes, but to play episode one,you have to pre order and pay for all the comming episodes. I think this is a shady business model to say the least. If the episodes are also offered up individually without any discount, real or imagined, then it is fair and square.

• @crkpt1 said: Yes, but to play episode one,you have to pre order and pay for all the comming episodes. I think this is a shady business model to say the least. If the episodes are also offered up individually without any discount, real or imagined, then it is fair and square.

thank you! thats how I feel

• @crkpt1 said: Yes, but to play episode one,you have to pre order and pay for all the comming episodes. I think this is a shady business model to say the least. If the episodes are also offered up individually without any discount, real or imagined, then it is fair and square.

This is why there is a demo version of the first episode.
    If you do not hate the demo with a passion, chances are you'll like the rest of the first episode.
    Also if you buy the whole first episode, what do you do if you do not like the other four episodes?

I wouldn't call it shady.. If you buy any normal game, you're paying for the full thing and can't just decide to buy the first few levels. But seeing as this is episodic, I don't really understand why they don't just let us buy individual episodes.. Even if it's supposed to be one big story.

• [quote]This is why there is a demo version of the first episode.[/quote]

Let me get this streight...If you wanted to buy doom, you would be more than happy to pre order and pay for doom2, doom3, doom4 and quake wars, if just doom came with a demo? See, if it was split into seperate episodes there could be as much as say...4 (FOUR) seperate demos? this way I would have a pretty good idea if i liked the next episodes or not without having to fork out for them first. It is not like it is a lot of work to take the whole episode and just cut everything but the first scene.

Add Comment