91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You do indeed need to turn the card upside down.

Some of the dots are given, since the left-most column and the lowest row are always filled in completely, while the top row and the right-most column are always alternating.

I can't do an accurate count right now, but it looks like we're missing around 60-70 dots. Each dot has 2 options, so that's at least 2^60=1,152,921,504,606,846,976=~1.15 quintillion combinations, making a brute force check impossible. If we get another part of the code, we might narrow that figure down by quite a bit.

One possibility for the ersult of the code in the picture is that it unlocks the full image. In that case, it will also be likely to require all the codes.

• 54 dots, it helps if you copy it into paint or something then add grey squares where you know there ISN'T a dot.

and it's never appeared in the squares with me.

EDIT: actually, another part of the code might reveal the card completely.

EDIT (again): i'm 90% sure the line of dots in the middle extends to the bottom, it just seems right that way.

EDIT (how many times am i going to edit it?): correction, 49 dots, had a couple in the wrong place.

• Hi, you guys were looking for a Superball timecard, right? I have one, and when I inputed the barcode I got the password Cebra-Burro and this pic afterwards, but I don't know any good hosting sites where I can post it. Any suggestions?

• @Lena_P said: Hi, you guys were looking for a Superball timecard, right? I have one, and when I inputed the barcode I got the password Cebra-Burro and this pic afterwards, but I don't know any good hosting sites where I can post it. Any suggestions?

PhotoBucket is a good picture hosting site, but I think you need to be a member, By the way, all these people say they've been scanning their timecards, but with what? Like a Library Card Scanner or a Grocery Store Scanner?

• @Lena_P said: Hi, you guys were looking for a Superball timecard, right? I have one, and when I inputed the barcode I got the password Cebra-Burro and this pic afterwards, but I don't know any good hosting sites where I can post it. Any suggestions?

If you don't want to go through the trouble of hosting the pic yourself, you can always mail me the picture, and I can add it to the others. I'll PM you my mail-adress.

Cebra Burro means Zebra Donkey - For the story behind the Zebra Donkey, I suggest you listen to the episode 4 commentary on the season 2 DVD. After this picture, we only need Momma Bosco!

• Yes! When that ones up, i might possibly be able to guess the dot pattern. Hope it's up soon.

• Does anyone know how to translate the cards? I've tried using the web tools but they all seem to fail. If there's some way to translate the partial card on the png maybe the letters revealed will point to some guessable words?

• I've been asking the same thing, once I know that, I could probably see what that card does. I thought the part you decode to get the password was completely showing though, I must be looking at this the wrong way.

• Like I've mentioned, the barcode is of the Data Matrix variety. I've got an application that can decode them (http://www.tasman.co.uk/netbars/net_demo.html), but that won't help guess the missing code unless it just so happens that there's not more missing than what error correction can deal with (and even then, you don't get the missing dots filled in).

A look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DataMatrix should make it VERY clear that a lot of data can be packed into those, and therefore it's not really possible to guess anything without an exhaustive search or extensive knowledge of the bar code format (and most likely an idea about the decoded text).

• interesting, I hope that superball timecard pictures up soon though, we haven't got long to go here have we?

Add Comment