59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Ya know, an XBOX 360 wouldn't be that bad. It has pretty neat graphics, and something the PS3 doesn't have: you can purchase Netflix movies with the console. I think that is enough to outdo the PS3, now would you?

• @Snicklin said: Ya know, an XBOX 360 wouldn't be that bad. It has pretty neat graphics, and something the PS3 doesn't have: you can purchase Netflix movies with the console. I think that is enough to outdo the PS3, now would you?

I honestly don't want to watch movies on my console, I have a DVD player for that! (plus, downloading movies takes YEARS)
    Sorry, but Netflix alone is not a good enough reason for me to buy a system that has a rep. for breaking and is more expensive :(

• the newer 360s have a much lower failure rate, on the 360 there are many advantages over the ps3, one the pure amount and class of many games, it has a much better controller (not just a rehashed one with extra stuff glued on). you may think that the online being free is an advantage, but consider it this way, its only ~£40 ~$60?? which isn't much for the best online service there is.

the 360 also has a larger catalogue of DLC both arcade games and additional content for games. those who say the PS3 has an edge graphically may be correct, but haven't had it shown yet. the main edge is that the ps3 has bluray, which unless you have an hd tv is not an advantage unless you plan to upgrade soon, both consoles upscale dvds via HDMI.

price wise a 360 from gamestops site is $370 60gb harddrive +wireless adaptor
    nd a PS3 same site $400 80gb harddrive

for the 360 the 60gb is more than enough space and includes the option to save a couple of games to the harddrive (new feature)

/wall of text

• @patters said: the newer 360s have a much lower failure rate, on the 360 there are many advantages over the ps3, one the pure amount and class of many games, it has a much better controller (not just a rehashed one with extra stuff glued on). you may think that the online being free is an advantage, but consider it this way, its only ~£40 ~$60?? which isn't much for the best online service there is.

the 360 also has a larger catalogue of DLC both arcade games and additional content for games. those who say the PS3 has an edge graphically may be correct, but haven't had it shown yet. the main edge is that the ps3 has bluray, which unless you have an hd tv is not an advantage unless you plan to upgrade soon, both consoles upscale dvds via HDMI.

price wise a 360 from gamestops site is $370 60gb harddrive +wireless adaptor
    nd a PS3 same site $400 80gb harddrive

for the 360 the 60gb is more than enough space and includes the option to save a couple of games to the harddrive (new feature)

/wall of text

I've never seen a 60 gig 360

Anyway, I'm not the kind of person who plays online every day, which I would have to be if I was willing to pay for it.

I think the wii is pretty good online, personally.
    It's just the lack of games that gets me.

• @natlinxz said: I've never seen a 60 gig 360

Anyway, I'm not the kind of person who plays online every day, which I would have to be if I was willing to pay for it.

I think the wii is pretty good online, personally.
    It's just the lack of games that gets me.

you cant get the 20gb one easily any more the 60gb was to replace it, i'm not online every day often offline for weeks, its still worth it however

• Get a 360, it has tons of good games and amazing online.

• Both systems leave something to be desired, the only exclusive games from the PS3 library that is really any good is the Ratchet and Clank game series. Otherwise, the 260 is considerably better in every respect.

I would, however, suggest the Wii.

• @Zootch said: Both systems leave something to be desired, the only exclusive games from the PS3 library that is really any good is the Ratchet and Clank game series.

And LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, some of the PixelJunk games...

• Get the system ya really want. I mean the ps n the 36O have there weaknessez and u are prb gonna regret buyin a console ppI on an online board are sayin what to get

• Yeah, it all boils down to whichever one you think has the better games and how much you're willing to spend.
    It's best to bear in mind how much the console will cost in the long term as well, extra controllers, online access, hard drives, etc.

I read the other day something about a price drop for the PS3 in February next year (I think it's for the US only) so if you want one, you're probably best waiting til then.

Add Comment