User Avatar Image

Paid money, where's the game?

posted by except on - last edited - Viewed by 978 users

I purchased the full collection of Sam & Max, and I got the order confirmation email and all, but where do I go to actually get it? I can't find any links, there aren't any in the email, and there don't seem to be any emails coming after either?

I expected to be able to play after I paid with my credit card...

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Made some changes to the text, and added a big green "Pre-Order" to the box. Hopefully that helps things a bit.

Apologies to anyone who was confused... like Emily said, by the time 7am rolled around, it completely slipped both my and Jake's minds :(

• Well, I just tried the whole thing again, and the pre-order thing helps, but it is still not axplaining that you can go and play it on gametap, which is where my confusion came from, because all these people out there were playing it.

Good to see you up and awake though. Did you guys have a happiness release party, complete with cherry bonbons, thingemabobs and the world's biggest ball of twine?

• @except said: Well, I just tried the whole thing again, and the pre-order thing helps, but it is still not axplaining that you can go and play it on gametap, which is where my confusion came from, because all these people out there were playing it.

Yup, that's coming too. The text changes were just a quick fix.

Bad timing for you, since you didn't see the site yesterday with the "Play it early on GameTap!" graphics plastered all over the place. :D (Or maybe good timing, considering the new site is so much prettier!) Anyway, thanks for bringing this to our attention, because it is important that we message this properly.

• Well, the site is certainly very fun, and it looks pretty too. Perhaps I wouldn't have bought the game at all after seeing the old design in the order of "I wouldn't trust these graphical nincompoops with making me a grilled cheese and tomato, let alone Sam and Max, I'm outta here!".
    But I didn't see it. So you'll never know.

Also, the whole ordering process went without a single glitch... good beta testing!

• @except said: I sincerely doubt there is a law in canada that would prevent hosting more than 49 videos, I mean, for what purpose, on earth, would a government waste time on making laws that prohibit more than 49 videos on a site. Does this mean Canadadians are not allowed to watch Youtube? Sorry, doesn't fly.

I'm only stating what the GameTap FAQ says:

Due to Canadian law the video list must be restricted to 49.

There is also a long list of games that Canadians can't access, but it has nothing to do with GameTap, and everything to do with publishers (i.e. Sierra) that refuse to allow access to these games outside the U.S.

• Crazy Canadians! :P

Except: Het brandje staat hier in de koelkast, is dat ook goed? ;)

--Erwin

• Whooohooo, its Wednesday, isn't it? :D

Its 7pm in germany, and I'll stay awake until I get your download-email ;)

• emails are being sent out apparently. Havn't gotten mine yet though.

• Me neither :'{

I'll wait though :D

Add Comment