59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I say you buy neither and wait until a new console comes on the market.
    Cause if you can't decide by yourself, you'll probably regret it.

But I must say, LittleBigPlanet is kinda good - and only for Playstation 3.

• @doom saber said: Get the system ya really want. I mean the ps n the 36O have there weaknessez and u are prb gonna regret buyin a console ppI on an online board are sayin what to get

hence why i mainly only stated facts with a few additional opinions to show my personal views

• I was writing my previous comment on a psp, so l could not make a lengthy post. Since I am on a pc, I can post how a few of the comments above are incorrect and also write about the pros and cons of the two systems

First off, the playstation network DOES have a movie store like Netflix where you can download shows and movies; one can even rent HD movies on your ps3 for 5 bucks

As for Downloadable only titles, the ps3 has recently gotten quite a few that are exclusives like Wipeout HD, Ratchet and Clank, last guy, ps1 games, some episodic zombie game, pixel junkies monsters and eden, etc...

DLC between the two systems are similar as in both systems get the same content though the 360 is gettin the exclusive GTA4 add on.

In regards to the cost of the console, it depends on what ya want

If all you want is the system, the 360 is the cheapest. However, for all the bells and whistles, both are same, if not the 360 is more than the ps. The reason is that for the extra gb, xbox live, and the wireless adaptor, it comes to approx 300 extra (live is 60 I think, adaptor is 100 and 120 is marked as 134.99) So let's say you get the 300 xbox 360 set with kungfu pandda and indy. That would be around 600. If you compared this to a ps3 with a 160 gb, it would be 499. That is if you want all the extras

As for video games, almost all the third parties games are made for the ps3 and 360. The ones that are not are the exclusives

a few of the exlusives

Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    Halo 3
    Halo wars
    M. Effect
    DOA 4
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    FAble 2
    Viva Pinata
    Banjo and Kazooie
    tales of vespera

PS3
    Uncharted
    ratchet and clank
    haze
    lair
    Metal Gear
    Final fantasy XIII vs
    little big planet
    heavy rain

It is really what type of games you are into that are only for one system since the rest of the next generation library are on both consoles.

The xbox360 has a new hardrive feature that lets one to download their games on the hdd. The issue with this new thingy is that it does not work with all the games and old games like halo 3 runs slower because the title was made to download maps and such on the harddrive. So when the game is downloaded, the maps and such is still downlaoded, but on another area of the hdd, making halo 3 run slower.

The ps3 graphics on most mutli games are inferior to the 360, but that is cause most of the games made today uses the same tools as the 360. This method is changin so as mutliple format games are being made with the ps3 tools, resulting in a faster release and better graphics on both consoles. It may or may make the ps3 games look better than the ones on the 360; it is known that is it harder to port a pc or 360 game to the playstation3 whereas it is easier to port a ps3 title to a pc or 360

This is like how the DC version of MvCapcom 2 is graphic superior than the ps2 or the xbox ver of the same game; this title was made with the Dreamcast tools.

The ps3 uses the cell processing, which is infamilar with a lot of game companies to make titles for. BEcause they have learned a bit about it, it is now easier for them to make games for it when compared to a few years ago.

it is now hard to tell which game has the better graphics especially how most reviewers compares graphics to 10 x zoom than the norm; The difference is the on the title soul calibur 4, the 360 has better anti aliasin which allows less miscolored pixels than the ps3 version. You cannot see this with the nakid eye unless you have a very good eye sight.

I suggest if you cant decide what to buy, do research and read a lot of the articles on the web. However, I think it is best to read the documents that are just about the system rather than a comparsion of the two, since those tend to be bias. If the pros and cons of a particular system seems better than the other game for you, then by all means get it.

• I don't know which is better. I only have a Wii, Gamecube, 3 Gameboy Advances, a DS, and an N64.

• @doom saber said: I have tf2 on ps3 and if you want a ps3 for that, you should get it for the pc since both vers are inferior to the pc one.

The pc tf2 (which I am plannin to get and played it a few times durin their free weekend) has more weapons, maps, and customizations. I doubt both the 360 and ps3 will get the new weapons since I heard the 360 patches are up to 50 mb and the makers of the orange box didn't do the ps3 ver.

both ps3 and 360 have very few people on TF2, there arent any custom maps either, i would advise against putting any bets on playing much tf2 on a console, its just not suited to it

• @doom saber said: I was writing my previous comment on a psp, so l could not make a lengthy post. Since I am on a pc, I can post how a few of the comments above are incorrect and also write about the pros and cons of the two systems

First off, the playstation network DOES have a movie store like Netflix where you can download shows and movies; one can even rent HD movies on your ps3 for 5 bucks

As for Downloadable only titles, the ps3 has recently gotten quite a few that are exclusives like Wipeout HD, Ratchet and Clank, last guy, ps1 games, some episodic zombie game, pixel junkies monsters and eden, etc...

DLC between the two systems are similar as in both systems get the same content though the 360 is gettin the exclusive GTA4 add on.

In regards to the cost of the console, it depends on what ya want

If all you want is the system, the 360 is the cheapest. However, for all the bells and whistles, both are same, if not the 360 is more than the ps. The reason is that for the extra gb, xbox live, and the wireless adaptor, it comes to approx 300 extra (live is 60 I think, adaptor is 100 and 120 is marked as 134.99) So let's say you get the 300 xbox 360 set with kungfu pandda and indy. That would be around 600. If you compared this to a ps3 with a 160 gb, it would be 499. That is if you want all the extras

As for video games, almost all the third parties games are made for the ps3 and 360. The ones that are not are the exclusives

a few of the exlusives

Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    Halo 3
    Halo wars
    M. Effect
    DOA 4
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    FAble 2
    Viva Pinata
    Banjo and Kazooie
    tales of vespera

PS3
    Uncharted
    ratchet and clank
    haze
    lair
    Metal Gear
    Final fantasy XIII vs
    little big planet
    heavy rain

It is really what type of games you are into that are only for one system since the rest of the next generation library are on both consoles.

The xbox360 has a new hardrive feature that lets one to download their games on the hdd. The issue with this new thingy is that it does not work with all the games and old games like halo 3 runs slower because the title was made to download maps and such on the harddrive. So when the game is downloaded, the maps and such is still downlaoded, but on another area of the hdd, making halo 3 run slower.

The ps3 graphics on most mutli games are inferior to the 360, but that is cause most of the games made today uses the same tools as the 360. This method is changin so as mutliple format games are being made with the ps3 tools, resulting in a faster release and better graphics on both consoles. It may or may make the ps3 games look better than the ones on the 360; it is known that is it harder to port a pc or 360 game to the playstation3 whereas it is easier to port a ps3 title to a pc or 360

This is like how the DC version of MvCapcom 2 is graphic superior than the ps2 or the xbox ver of the same game; this title was made with the Dreamcast tools.

The ps3 uses the cell processing, which is infamilar with a lot of game companies to make titles for. BEcause they have learned a bit about it, it is now easier for them to make games for it when compared to a few years ago.

it is now hard to tell which game has the better graphics especially how most reviewers compares graphics to 10 x zoom than the norm; The difference is the on the title soul calibur 4, the 360 has better anti aliasin which allows less miscolored pixels than the ps3 version. You cannot see this with the nakid eye unless you have a very good eye sight.

I suggest if you cant decide what to buy, do research and read a lot of the articles on the web. However, I think it is best to read the documents that are just about the system rather than a comparsion of the two, since those tend to be bias. If the pros and cons of a particular system seems better than the other game for you, then by all means get it.

Wow, long post, but thanks! I learned a lot!

Add Comment