User Avatar Image

First Episode available TOMORROW!

posted by Winckle on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users

Yes, i live in France and i'm excited about the worldwilde release of the first episode!
I've never played Sam and Max before but i think it's great!
I've seen some videos of Hit The Road and the humour is great.
(Why not sold or offer Hit The Road when buying the first season or in a bonus with the CD? It will be great because i can't find it anywhere)
At what time the game is supposed to be out tomorrow (GMT hour)?
Thanks for the answer.

91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Hero1 said: man so many australian sam and max fans..its good to see!

thats becuase we have great taste in dogs and bunny things

• I'm way too lazy to find the post, but I distinctly remember saying like two months ago that I didn't want any complaining from the Australians about this. :D

Our contract with GameTap says that they have a 15-day exclusivity window. Exactly. We can't release the game *anywhere* before those 15 days are up, which is one reason we wouldn't roll it out earlier in some parts of the world.

And the other reason is that it would be a logistical nightmare with no real payoff. ;)

Anyway, I hope you find the game is worth the extra day of waiting. :)

• All you Australians can pass the time by staying up late and watching Ponting and the rest of your team get knocked out of the one-day cricket series by the almighty black-caps.

• Half 5 in the AM for us brits, was hoping to see it up. No worries, just as long as it comes :)

By the way 8 out of 10 from Games TM magazine for episode 1

• @Dezm0nd said: By the way 8 out of 10 from Games TM magazine for episode 1

Woo! Good stuff.

• @jp-30 said: All you Australians can pass the time by staying up late and watching Ponting and the rest of your team get knocked out of the one-day cricket series by the almighty black-caps.

Unlikely :)

• It's 7.12am CET now... The good thing about them releasing it midnight PST would also have been to share the serverload. I hope, if I get home this evening (what would be just around 10am PST) there are no problems when trying to download the game, because this would be exactly the time when everyone will download after the game becoming available. If they released it midnight PST all Australians, Europeans, etc, would have had the chance to download it during the day, share the serverload and have it ready when coming home from work...

• It is as simple as this...

IF it is supposed to be a SIMULTANEOUS release on November 1st it is Tell-tales obligation to release the game at midnight PST. Because if they wait until 10:00am it will no longer be the 1st in many countries, thus destroying the whole idea of a simultaneous release. I personally don't care, as long as I get the game!

• Hi I'm an Aussie too, have fond memories of playing right thought Hit the Road

was overjoyed when Freelance Police was announced, only to be canceled Grrr. Lucasarts.

Then telltale games, you legends have now done it, can't wait till it's available.

i too had no idea it was also a comic and tv show until a couple of month ago.

• @Hellerphant said: Because if they wait until 10:00am it will no longer be the 1st in many countries, thus destroying the whole idea of a Simulatneous release.

I think your definition of "simultaneous" needs refining.

Add Comment