User Avatar Image

Can't Preorder - [PayPal temporarily unavailable]

posted by grimsqueaker on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

So I logged in to TellTale this morning and jumped for joy! Sam and Max was available for preorder!

I added it to my cart and proceeded to check-out, where I was met with a sinking feeling in my tummy. :( Where is the paypal option? I've already said before I'm unable to pay using a credit card - but I'm loaded with paypal and I want you to have my money (pleease) and even my first-born child if necessary.

I must be able to preorder! *twitchy* Could someone get back to me on this? Thanks!

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Interesting find, PJFry.

Jake and Doug are working on the shopping cart stuff more closely than I am. I'll make sure they see this post when they get in from lunch. The fact that it shows up if you add another item to the cart might help them figure out what's going on here.

• @Emily said: Interesting find, PJFry.

The fact that it shows up if you add another item to the cart might help them figure out what's going on here.

No, I think I wasn't clear enough. ;) It's quite the other way around:
    If you want to buy just the game then the paypal-option is missing.
    If you want to buy something else (at least this is the case with the purcell-prints) then the option is there.
    And if you combine the order for the game and the prints the paypal-option is gone again.

Good luck in finding the problem! I'm afraid that if I have to wait much longer I I'm going to explode! (thirteen years are such a long time!!!) :D :D :D :D

• Ahh. Sorry, I misunderstood.

We think the problem is that PayPal just can't be used to preorder. My understanding is that we're not allowed to charge you until the first game comes out. With PayPal the funds are taken out of your account right away -- there wouldn't be any way to delay them until later. Luckily this shouldn't be a problem once the game comes out tomorrow.

• thanks a lot emily, looking fordward to it!!

• Yeah that makes sense.

So....erm....its november now....;)

• Once the PayPal option is available, I think I'll use that, because I don't see ordering by credit card working for me any time soon.

• Paypal still not avaiable for season 1. :(

• @Emily said: Ahh. Sorry, I misunderstood.

We think the problem is that PayPal just can't be used to preorder. My understanding is that we're not allowed to charge you until the first game comes out. With PayPal the funds are taken out of your account right away -- there wouldn't be any way to delay them until later. Luckily this shouldn't be a problem once the game comes out tomorrow.

Unfortunately it is still a problem...
    Paypal is currently only an option for the single episode... not for the season package :(

• i want my season!!! :'(

some solutions please!!! i can only pay through paypal, and with argentinean currency there's a big difference between the season set and the single episode price!! :(

(it's like 60 extra bucks, since we're 1 dollar ---> 3,11 pesos)

• Yeah, same here. Also, I don't think it makes sense to say you can't use paypal until the game is released. I just preordered a CD with Paypal that isn't released yet so I don't think there really is a legal problem.

Anyway, it would be nice if you could get it working.

Tobias

Add Comment