User Avatar Image

This website

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 400 users

I don't want to be mean or insulting, but I gotta say, Telltale ought to revamp this website before they start really marketing this game. It is truly an ugly and confusing-to-navigate website. It's the first corporate site I've seen that looks like something from Geocities. When they start putting out ads for this game and people come to check it out, I think the amateurish look of the website will cause many people to not even give the game a chance.

The company logo also leaves something to be desired.

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

The website looks professional to me.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I don't see how it's ugly, and there are much worse corporate sites. Double Fine ,
    ( although they make good games ), have a pretty bad site compared to Telltale.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Wow, I hadn't seen Doublefine's before. It is a bit worse, some ways.

I'm actually kind of surprised that people are disagreeing. The first time I saw this website, within two seconds, the first thing in my mind was how ugly it looked.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm legitimately concerned that a new adventure games company will not get the business it needs to keep making games.

Exhibit A:
    exhibita0vs.jpg

Exhibit B:
    exihibitb5ot.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I really couldn't see someone going," Eww, that fonts in Arial, and that there is a two pixel long gap here, there is no way I'm going to buy a game from this company."
    I don't mean any offence, but I think your over analyzing this.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

That may sound true, but when I first saw this website, the first thing I noticed was the aliased cartoon character. My immediate thought was, if these guys don't know the most basic thing about graphics, then I'm not interested in sticking around and seeing what they have to offer, because it'll amount to crummy shareware.

It was later when Bone was announced and I saw a screenshot on another site that I thought maybe they do know what they're doing and it's the website that's the problem.

Check out www.ravensoft.com if you want to see a site that makes a strong and lasting first impression.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

you are being completely ridiculous..if telltales website was nothing but a picture of lucasarts executives excrement i'd still buy their games.. no "normal person" coming to check out telltales web site would notice anything you've pointed out.. and you dont seem to realise the most important aspect of a web site is its content!! and telltale are handling things in that regard

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

and let me also say this.. telltale is an independant company trying to make a brand new game and establish themselves in the gaming world im sure they havent got the time or resources to be pouring over every aspect of the graphical aspects of their website..take ya hating elsewhere!

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Actually, I'll have to agree with tenfour on this one. The site is a little weak. You might argue one way or the other if it is important or if its not worth the time, but this site could be improved dramaticly. Yes, I'm saying that I recommend a complete overhaul.

Telltale Games is reliant on the fanbase they have from previous games, and its important that they keep that fanbase thinking about them, anticipating and eagar, which is the purpose of this website.

We might have high hopes for such a company, but we should not be so eagar as to defend their every move. I, for one, want to see Telltale grow, and we shoudn't defend them every time they do something that seems a little below standards.

• i agree to some of your points, but not all. i don't think the website is too shoddy, neither do i think double fine's website is bad. but i'm a simple man, which prefers simple solutions instead of flashy flash-sites that take an hour to navigate and to download each page. but i still realize that people in general don't necessarily share my view on things.

that being said, i have also noticed the aliased graphics, the gaps in the thingie, and the gif floating, but i don't think the company logo is bad (again, less is more). there's room for improvement, and i've learned from my own site (www.fremmedrase.no), that people constantly can't find the secondary menus (which are pretty similar on our page). the "cluttered" frontpage is cool by me, it gives alot of info and shortcuts to most things, and informs of the most important stuff on the site, which is good. so all in all, you got some good pointers on the design, which i think are viable, whereas others are just a matter of taste/preference.

hi.

Add Comment