User Avatar Image

What is your AWESOME reaction to 8-bit?

posted by Redrot on - last edited - Viewed by 165 users

I thought it was a good way to end... especially how it started with it continuing the "Real Jump."

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I thought it was pretty awesome. Except... normally, I hate videogame-cliche-parody plots, because those are, 99.999999999999% of the time, at least a billion times worse than the actual cliches themselves. However this game pulled it off good enough. My favorite part was the part with the Videlectrix programmers and their... ahem... voicemail system.

Then the game locked up every time I tried to save in Extended Play so it stopped being awesome. Oh well.

• The best of the season! I got a kick out of the Thunder Cats esque sword, and the He-Man "I have the power!" esque chant.

• @Teeth said: I dunno, now I've played all the episodes, I feel like maybe the order should've been like this:

-Homestar Ruiner
    -Baddest of the Bands
    -8 Bit Is Enough
    -Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    -Strong Badia The Free!

Because even though SBTF isn't the best episode, it still felt very climatic, had all 12 characters involved heavily in the story, and it revealed the secret about Homsar. I imagine it would be a more fitting end to the series.

I gotta disagree there, Strong Badia the Free, while 95% awesome-sauce, has the biggest momentum kill of the season, that would be a terrible ending. Dangeresque3 and 8-bit are a package deal due to the jump. 101, 102 and 103 can be juggled a bit, but 105 feels like the climax (though I have to agree that the extended play feels rather barren and unloved, but at this point in the season I can't hold that against Telltale.)

• And so ends arguably the greatest Strong Bad Game EVER!!!!
    I do hope for a second season of sbcg4ap but I see its a little impractical what with Sam and Max Season 3, Wallace and Gromit and yet another mystery game.

But here's hoping eh! just for the sake of it, here is my list of fav sbcg4ap games in order:
    8 Bit is enough
    Strong Badia the Free
    Baddest of the Bands
    Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective
    Homestar Ruiner

• I won the game 2 TIME TODAY AND YESTERDAY

• The ending and everything nearly brought a tear to my eye (I was eating the oddest food ever- an Onion & Mustard sandwich during the ending so its hard to tell) I loved Homestar's Comments (Choosing 3 of the characters on my top ten most annoying whining characters from videogames- Props if you can guess #1 (PM me, PS: I'm a Nintendo fan)
    and the Doom/Wolfenstein part made me Smile :)

• To me this was the third best of SBCG4AP, after Strong Badia the Free and Dangeresque 3. Maybe I was just thrown by the "fan service" line at the beginning, but there seemed far too much of that in this one. Lines that made me literally go "ugh". But there were still lots of funny chuckle sort of moments, too. Again, I don't play these games for the puzzles, but for funny writing. Overall the game matches what I've seen from the web content, very hit and miss humour.

I did like the bit with the Wolfenstein-like corridors. It's so true, I could never tell where to go in that game because every single place looked the same. And Strong Bad vs Trogdor in that very Quake-looking final battle was cool, too.

I was hoping for something as epic as Chariots of the Dogs or What's New Beelzebub and got this, instead.

• @MaxFan said: To me this was the third best of SBCG4AP, after Strong Badia the Free and Dangeresque 3. Maybe I was just thrown by the "fan service" line at the beginning, but there seemed far too much of that in this one. Lines that made me literally go "ugh". But there were still lots of funny chuckle sort of moments, too. Again, I don't play these games for the puzzles, but for funny writing. Overall the game matches what I've seen from the web content, very hit and miss humour.

I did like the bit with the Wolfenstein-like corridors. It's so true, I could never tell where to go in that game because every single place looked the same. And Strong Bad vs Trogdor in that very Quake-looking final battle was cool, too.

I was hoping for something as epic as Chariots of the Dogs or What's New Beelzebub and got this, instead.

Unlike the above, I play games for Both, seeing for a balance between References, Humor, and Puzzlifity.

And yup - I FOUND IT! LOVED the Wolfenstein 3D Sequence, as well as the suprise of rather-dashing's voice, also fun to help the Robots in Stinkoman (Always wanted to meet n' greet them... I wish Jaro was thar.)

GREAT References to the Site, but a bit dissapointed at one thing... No Homsar? :[

• i totally loved how strong bad turned into the 3d guy, that "he" previously posted on the dev-blog. unfortunately, the mutated the cheat was missing.
    also, the fps sequence was hilarious...especially the kot using wolfenstyle german. he had better pronunciation than most of the original wolfenstein enemies...

Add Comment