5 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have a feeling SBCG4AP will grow and be better, if possible, next season (and please oh please let there be a season 2!). Remeber that this is only the pilot season, and, like Sam & Max and many other TV-type series, it'll really kick off next season. Or kick butt. Either one, really.

• I actually can't find anything to complain about regarding your review, Rather Dashing, except the opinion on the Videlectrix games. Which I think has always differed from mine since day one of the games. I personally found the more "challenging" games that were included to be the ones I enjoyed the least.

When I'm playing a game like Strong Bad (or an adventure/exploration game like these) the last thing I want to get in my way of 100% is some ridiculously difficult "mini-game". It's the sort of thing I've come to despise in other games I play (such as Zelda) and for that reason alone I found Math Kickers to be one of the better games, it was certainly one of the more amusing ones from a conceptual standpoint. To this end, I found the Limozeen game to be too cluttered with far too much going on to really enjoy. I spent so much time dodging stuff I would miss girl after girl, or I was so busy trying to grab a series of girls that I'd miss something coming right at me.

All the other games were mostly managable, and once you get a little bit of the rhythym down, Space Circus Catastrophe becomes a lot easier I found.

All that aside, I do agree with most of what you said. All the games had different feels to them, but they felt truly "episodic" in the sense that there was no real common theme or ground besides you playing as Strong Bad, the costumes, and the bit of joke about "only seem to be able to find one game a month" which I found funny for some reason.

I wish I'd had the foresight, however, to purchase it for the PC instead of the Wii. But I needed SOME use out of the darn thing, since hardly any good games come out for it, and the WiiWare itself is mostly just a trash collector. I'm still considering plunking down the money for the PC version eventually though.

• @Hiroshi Mishima said: I actually can't find anything to complain about regarding your review, Rather Dashing, except the opinion on the Videlectrix games. Which I think has always differed from mine since day one of the games. I personally found the more "challenging" games that were included to be the ones I enjoyed the least.

When I'm playing a game like Strong Bad (or an adventure/exploration game like these) the last thing I want to get in my way of 100% is some ridiculously difficult "mini-game". It's the sort of thing I've come to despise in other games I play (such as Zelda) and for that reason alone I found Math Kickers to be one of the better games, it was certainly one of the more amusing ones from a conceptual standpoint. To this end, I found the Limozeen game to be too cluttered with far too much going on to really enjoy. I spent so much time dodging stuff I would miss girl after girl, or I was so busy trying to grab a series of girls that I'd miss something coming right at me.

I completely disagree with you on this point, of course. By such criteria, SBCG4AP would be a better game if it played itself. If you get 100% easily, what's the point of getting it at all?

Further, it doesn't really feel like an old arcade game if you can reach that arbitrary "win" score without effort. The old games had a certain feel to them, which I feel only Snake Boxer and Limozeen's Babelien Odyssey actually achieved.

And even further than THAT, I felt that Math Kickers was the most disappointing as far as execution goes. The IDEA was great, the BOX ART and cover of the manual was great.

But as an educational game, it didn't actually edutain. Instead, it was just...a game. The manual was just codes, which really hurt the charm, nostalgia, and fun that I felt while reading the Snake Boxer manual. The whole thing was just a flop, in my opinion.

• Heres what i think should be in Season 2.

1.More characters like Sterrence and Old timey people.

2.Diffrent box design.

3.Super fun machine.

4.Access to the cheats computer room.

5.Wear stuff from the previous season.

6.Copy photos. (Wii only.)

7.New photo booth design.

8.Teen girl squad higher best score. (1000,0.)

9.New map look.

10.MAKE THIS THE BEST SEASON EVA!!!!!!!

• Oh, wright, right. My relfections and such. Well...

SBCG4AP is, hands-down, the most EPIC thing that has ever happend to both TTG and H*R.com. I sincerely hope there will be a Season 2, only this thyme, it'd be done S&M-style: PC games monthly, then released on a disc for wii. That-would-be-AWEXSOME!!!

Anyways, my critiques:

CONS:
    -I think Videlectrix is a bad influence on the TT tool. Glitches galore indicate a few more weeks in the tumbler would've been appreciated.

-They. Scrapped. The. TGS. Minigames. They were the best part of the whole season (second to all the stuff in ep. 5). I REALLY want to see this returned to. Someway. Someday. Hopefully Videlectrix will make an entire game out of it.

-There still is one area I really wanted to visit: Marzapan's kitchen. How else are we gonna trick Marzapan into eating curdled milk? Maybe Season 2 will have it. Hopefully.

PROS:

-Everything else.

PROS:

Add Comment