User Avatar Image

Sam & Max coming to WiiWare? (Was: Still waiting!)

posted by WauloK on - last edited - Viewed by 381 users

Sam and Max not out in Australia for WiiWare yet. BAH!

Why on earth are there different release dates for things on the internet? It's not like I'm going to download it from USA first. Grr.

I know it's not TTG's fault. Blame Nintendu! :mad:

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Don't worry, you can eventually put Sam & Max: Season Two on the Wii, in a $30 Disc. It'll work.

  • @xChri5x said: I don't know why someone would choose Wiiware over a retail disc anyways. I know Wiiware is fine for episodic games but if the whole season is finished already it's a no-brainer.

    I'd rather wait longer and have the whole season on a retail disc than have to get it on Wiiware.

    I don't like eating up my Wii's limited storage space with games when I could have them on a disc. I also like to be able to bring the disc to a frien house and have a fun evening. Plus, due to the limited size of Wiiware games, I think Telltale would have to make watered-down version of the episodes and no one wants that.

    The desing of SBCG4AP allowed for a nice transaltion to Wiiware, but I sure hope they don't take that route with Sam & Max or Wallace & Grommit.

  • Wii ware is great and all, but what about those old people who only have a wii and don't have wireless internet?
    (i'm not one of them, I'm actually an active user of Wi-Fi)
    But we can't have too many games wiiware exclusive, or it gets outta hand.

  • @natlinxz said: Wii ware is great and all, but what about those old people who only have a wii and don't have wireless internet?
    (i'm not one of them, I'm actually an active user of Wi-Fi)
    But we can't have too many games wiiware exclusive, or it gets outta hand.

    I'm pretty sure that doesn't represent the Wii owner majority...

  • @Zootch said: I'm pretty sure that doesn't represent the Wii owner majority...

    I don't know how big a percentage it is but my guess is there's a lot of people out there in that situation.

    I know a lot of people who have Wii's and had no idea it could connect to the internet. One of those even already had a wireless router, another one bought one just for that purpose while others just didn't see the point of having internet access on a console.

    Console users aren't always the most tech-savvy people. I wouldn't be surprised if half the Wii out there have never been online.

  • Even if they managed to crunch the Sam & Max episodes down to WiiWare size, I'd still prefer that they don't do it. Even when they open up the SD cards for storage, Wii storage space will still be a bit of a premium. 2 GB (or 8, if they upgrade the firmware) still isn't quite enough space to start downloading multiple seasons of multiple episodic series on the console. It's best to focus on one.

    @EMAN528 said: I don't want season 3 on wiiware if it means the unreliable release schedule that has developed with the SBCG4AP. I like that Sam and Max has the entire season of release dates established upfront and that the games actually come out on these dates. I absolutley hate this "you'll know the release date when we do" line of the past few months. Plus, I like the games being relased on Friday, not Monday.

    Aside from the one-week-too-long release of SBCG4AP #3, it's been pretty consistent so far.

  • @Zomby said: I don't know how big a percentage it is but my guess is there's a lot of people out there in that situation.

    I know a lot of people who have Wii's and had no idea it could connect to the internet. One of those even already had a wireless router, another one bought one just for that purpose while others just didn't see the point of having internet access on a console.

    Console users aren't always the most tech-savvy people. I wouldn't be surprised if half the Wii out there have never been online.

    Fact: As of this post, there is only 30 online games for wii. and that includes mario and sonic at the olympic games, and all other leader board games.

  • No Sam and Max anywhere in my big city (Brisbane, Australia) yet :(

  • Well, on the computer 3 episodes take up less than 1 gig, so 1 episode would be about 350mb before further compression for wii. It's easily possible, we just don't know if telltale is up to it.

  • @Zomby said: I don't know how big a percentage it is but my guess is there's a lot of people out there in that situation.

    I know a lot of people who have Wii's and had no idea it could connect to the internet. One of those even already had a wireless router, another one bought one just for that purpose while others just didn't see the point of having internet access on a console.

    Console users aren't always the most tech-savvy people. I wouldn't be surprised if half the Wii out there have never been online.

    HALF? probably 3/4!!! Think of
    A) People who have a wii and don't play it at all
    B) people who have a wii and a 360 with xbox live
    C) People who bought a wii for wii sports and got sick of it
    D) Amish people who bought a wii and a tv.:)

Add Comment