User Avatar Image

Questions about the Collector's DVD

posted by Rubik on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I have a few questions about the SBCG4AP collector's DVD.

Question One: As someone who purchaced each SBCG4AP game on the Wii, I know there is no way to prove that I own all five games. Will the collector's DVD be available for purchace to those who have not bought the game on the computer?

Question Two: What can we expect to find on the Collector's DVD?

Question Three: If the Collector's DVD will be available for purchace, how much will it cost?

Question Four: Approximately what part of 2009 will the collector's DVD be released in?

84 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think it's time for boundless speculation on what the extras will be. Ahem.

Dangeresque machinima short starring Sam and Max.

• I suppose it's impossible for Telltale to get any information Nintendo might get through people who have their Wiis registered with Club Nintendo?

I suppose that, even if it could, there would be issues with creating such a disk for Wii buyers.

• Might be obvious, but:
    Question x: Are the DVD versions of the game compatible with the save files from your normal one?

• I know it seems contrary to logic with the whole "bonus" thing, but maybe you could put the bonus disc in the store that would work on the Wii (or as a bonus for people who use the Wii version) that they would have to buy. Yeah, it's more money again, but would that solve the problem? Anyone who gives you proof that they want it enough, gets one.

• @Holyxion said: Might be obvious, but:
    Question x: Are the DVD versions of the game compatible with the save files from your normal one?

If it's the same as the Sam and Max DVDs, then the save and game files are stored in a different place and do not carry over.

• @Rather Dashing said: If it's the same as the Sam and Max DVDs, then the save and game files are stored in a different place and do not carry over.

That was only with Season One. In Season Two, the disc versions overight the downloadable versions and you can choose whether to keep your stuff.

• @StonkBad said: That was only with Season One. In Season Two, the disc versions overight the downloadable versions and you can choose whether to keep your stuff.

Oh, did they? Ha, shows how much I know. I never installed my disc-based Season Two.

• Not like it matters to me, (I bought the season pass) but would people who bought all the episodes separately be able to get the disc?

• In Season One, when the disc came out we had updated the games to a new version of the Telltale Tool that wouldn't recognize previous saved games. I don't remember if this was the case with Season Two and I don't know if it'll be the case with Strong Bad.

[quote]ot like it matters to me, (I bought the season pass) but would people who bought all the episodes separately be able to get the disc?[/quote]

Yes, someone in that situation can email us and ask for a coupon code to get the disc.

• Okay, if I put all five episodes onto a SD card and brought it to a play test and gave my telltale account information at the same time, then could I get a free season disk? I'll bring donuts. ;) Okay, okay, kidding! I also realize that bugging Nintendo about this isn't really going to help you guys build a good working relationship together, and with Videlectrix already against you you need to start building bridges to connectivity in the marketplace. Or something. But could you guys maybe offer some kind of a bundle package? Like the SBCG4AP season on disk (with fabulous bonus content) and Strong Bad Email Disc #6 for $42 (plus shipping and handling)? That way, even if as an owner of the Wii version of SBCG4AP I have to buy the season over just to get the bonus content, I can at least get $5 off, and buy something else Strongbad related that might be something some people might like. And if other people already have Disc 6, well, they're only missing out on a $5 discount. Or something like that. Just trying to be helpful.

Add Comment