User Avatar Image

SBCG4AP/Club Nintendo question

posted by CKcheeseboy on - last edited - Viewed by 696 users

Sorry if this is the wrong board for this, but I figured around here would be a good place to ask.

(If you don't feel like reading the next paragraph, I've posted a quick question right after it)

Has anybody here with a Club Nintendo account been able to take surveys or anything for the 3 eligible SB episodes? I had linked my Wii Shop Channel and Nintendo account a while ago, so it knows that I bought them, but I can't seem to get coins for them. They show up under "Earn Coins", but all I see is a big picture of a coin with "0 coins" and "Product Registration" under it below a "To-Do List" heading. I don't see any kind of link for a survey or anything, though. I haven't registered anything else yet, so I don't know exactly how the process is supposed to work, but from what I've read, I don't know why I can't do anything. The FAQ says it may take 4-6 weeks for the "Post-Play" survey to appear, but I downloaded 3&4 around when 4 came out, so I should at least see them. The only thing I can think is that the surveys will appear 4-6 weeks from when Club Nintendo launched/relaunched, which probably hasn't passed yet.

Long story short: Has anybody else been able to take a survey for the 3 eligible SBCG4AP games, or is it something that nobody can do just yet?

Also, for the Telltale employees, any idea why only 3 of the 5 episodes are eligible? It seems a little random, and it kind of stinks that we lose out on those 20 coins.

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @CKcheeseboy said: Thanks, hopefully within the next couple of weeks it will start working. Have any of you registered any other WiiWare/VC games? The SB ones are the only ones I have, so I don't know if the problem is just with them or if all WW/VC games are down for the 4-6 week period. I guess there's not much to do but wait and see, though.

    Well, they took it down for a few days for maintenance and brought it back up, and it didn't seem like people had many problems after that. I was registering some other games earlier and it worked fine, too.


    Well I can't even log in!

  • @Emily said: I couldn't figure out how to register WiiWare games...?


    You have to link your Wii to your Club Nintendo account since those games don't have registration numbers. The process is explained here:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/channelsShop.jsp#myNin

    Once you link them together, it automatically knows what WiiWare/VC games/Wii Channels you have downloaded.
    @Emily said: Well I can't even log in!
    Hmm, I'm not sure why. Have you tried it in the past week? They only brought it back up about a week ago. Hopefully you can get it to work.

  • @CKcheeseboy said: You have to link your Wii to your Club Nintendo account since those games don't have registration numbers. The process is explained here:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/channelsShop.jsp#myNin

    Once you link them together, it automatically knows what WiiWare/VC games/Wii Channels you have downloaded.

    Hmm, I'm not sure why. Have you tried it in the past week? They only brought it back up about a week ago. Hopefully you can get it to work.


    I tried it every day and it still isn't working for me today.Do you have a CN account?

  • When I first registered my games, it would only let me take a post-play survey for Baddest of the Bands, and just yesterday it finally let me take one for Dangeresque 3...

    I dont' know why it's acting this way (and I know for double-sure that I downloaded each SBCG4AP game the day they came out, so it's not like I'm inelligible for the survey or anything). Maybe it's just Nintendo still working the kinks out (personally I'd prefer it if they fix the Wii's glaringly obvious storage problem first but that's just me).

    EDIT: Yeah, the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site explained all. I guess we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks after Dangeresque 3's release to be able to take its post-play servey, and the same will go for 8-Bit is Enough. So it's 4-6 weeks after the Wiiware games' release, not 4-6 weeks after Club Nintendo USA went active I guess. And the site sure is misleading, claiming that WiiWare games could be registered for 10 coins but then later saying that product registration surveys are unavailable for them.

  • I can't get my account to link to my Wii - it gives me an error message that says to check my username and password (which I did) and try again.

    Maybe it's because someone else's account was linked to the Wii before this? It's a communal Wii from our office and I unlinked that account so I could link up the account I created. (Just want to see how it all works!)

    Oh well. :(

  • Yeah, Nintendo can be pretty bad about listening to what their fans want. *coughmother3cough*

  • @16_BIT_MARIO1 said: Yeah, Nintendo can be pretty bad about listening to what their fans want. *coughmother3cough*


    *coughmegaman1and2onvirtualconsolecough*

  • @TIE Defender said: When I first registered my games, it would only let me take a post-play survey for Baddest of the Bands, and just yesterday it finally let me take one for Dangeresque 3...

    I dont' know why it's acting this way (and I know for double-sure that I downloaded each SBCG4AP game the day they came out, so it's not like I'm inelligible for the survey or anything). Maybe it's just Nintendo still working the kinks out (personally I'd prefer it if they fix the Wii's glaringly obvious storage problem first but that's just me).

    EDIT: Yeah, the FAQ on the Club Nintendo site explained all. I guess we had to wait 4 to 6 weeks after Dangeresque 3's release to be able to take its post-play servey, and the same will go for 8-Bit is Enough. So it's 4-6 weeks after the Wiiware games' release, not 4-6 weeks after Club Nintendo USA went active I guess. And the site sure is misleading, claiming that WiiWare games could be registered for 10 coins but then later saying that product registration surveys are unavailable for them.


    So you were able to take a survey for at least one of them, though. I still can't for any of the 3. I guess there's some kind of issue with my account then, rather than the games themselves. Maybe I'll try unlinking and relinking my account if it doesn't show up in the next few days.

    HomsarGuy: Hmm, I don't know why it's doing that. I'm assuming you are sure your password and stuff are correct? Was there anything on that account yet, or could you just make a new one and see if that works?

  • @CKcheeseboy said: So you were able to take a survey for at least one of them, though. I still can't for any of the 3. I guess there's some kind of issue with my account then, rather than the games themselves. Maybe I'll try unlinking and relinking my account if it doesn't show up in the next few days.

    HomsarGuy: Hmm, I don't know why it's doing that. I'm assuming you are sure your password and stuff are correct? Was there anything on that account yet, or could you just make a new one and see if that works?

    It's saying stuff about traffic when I log in.

  • [quote=HomsarGuy;109891]It's saying stuff about traffic when I log in.[/quote]
    Ah, it did that to me like 7 times. Don't worry, just try a little later. It only lasted a few hours for me.

Add Comment