User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - PC and Xbox Live Arcade this Spring!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Hey hey, there's an announcement! Find out more in the blog.

Snip here:

wg_heretheycome-blog.jpg

[quote=The Blog]We have two excellent pieces of Wallace & Gromit news to share. The first is that in addition to PC, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures will be appearing on Xbox Live Arcade. (Woo!)

We've long believed that XBLA is an excellent platform for episodic games, and we're super excited to be making our debut* with Wallace & Gromit. We even designed a new UI specifically for the Xbox controls. Before long you'll see for yourself, but for the moment you'll have to take my word for it that this series is shaping up to be Telltale's most cinematic endeavor yet.[/quote]

Again, check out the full story in the Telltale Blog.

Find out more about the game on the Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures website.

79 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This must be bad news day. I really wanted to play this one on the wii.

• Seriously though, any hope for a PS3 version down the road? Got a Wii and a PS3, was hoping I'd be covered for the console versions. :(

• We're launching on PC and XBLA, but that doesn't mean Wallace & Gromit (or any of our games!) won't come to other platforms in the future. We want our games available in as many places as possible, and Wii and PS3 are both platforms we're interested in. :D

(Also, don't forget we're working on Sam & Max Season Two for Wii right now!)

• there is only one way that I can forgive you for joining the dark side...
    and that is an eventual wii port.

Seriously, Xbox? I know you guys are working hard on porting this, and have much time and effort invested, but, XBOX players are quick/instant action halo 3 shoot em up people. In short, they aren't smart enough for a point and click! (that's why microsoft never ported a flight sim to it)

I wont complain about controls, because I trust telltale, and know that they will make it work. :)

EDIT: Oh, wait, Emily posted what I wanted to hear while I typed this. :)

• @natlinxz said:
    Seriously, Xbox? I know you guys are working hard on porting this, and have much time and effort invested, but, XBOX players are quick/instant action halo 3 shoot em up people. In short, they aren't smart enough for a point and click! (that's why microsoft never ported a flight sim to it)

What now?

RPGs like Elder Scrolls IV, Fallout 3, Mass Effect?

Civilization: Revolution?

I mean, how is your generalization better than "Wii? lol they only play party games duh"?

There is no "dark side". I play games on a PC and with consoles. Just like I toast bread with a toaster. I don't care what brand of toaster you use to make breakfast, and I don't care what brand of game machine you use to play games.

If I like the same game as you, what does it matter that I use the Sony Xcube or the Microsoft 64? It's the same game, and we both love it. Our reasons for liking it are probably similar, too. So whether it's one box or another that it's on, there is no "Dark Side". That's just silly. You can say "Hey, I like this game box because _____", but when you go on to say that XBOX players are cavemen who want to blow stuff up, you're putting too much identity into a box that at the end of the day shouldn't be any more divisive than your brands of toaster.

• @natlinxz said: there is only one way that I can forgive you for joining the dark side...
    and that is an eventual wii port.

I wont complain about controls, because I trust telltale, and know that they will make it work. :)

EDIT: Oh, wait, Emily posted what I wanted to hear while I typed this. :)

haha the 360 is the only console this gen that is ideal for all genres (ps3 fps are horrid cos of the shoulder triggers)

the reason microsoft didnt port fs is cos the controller hasnt got enough buttons. also telltale have already had a game on 360 (csi4).

oh another question; will it have a control scheme like broken sword 3 on xbox or a mouse like broken sword 2 on ps1

• @patters said: haha the 360 is the only console this gen that is ideal for all genres (ps3 fps are horrid cos of the shoulder triggers)

the reason microsoft didnt port fs is cos the controller hasnt got enough buttons. also telltale have already had a game on 360 (csi4).

oh another question; will it have a control scheme like broken sword 3 on xbox or a mouse like broken sword 2 on ps1

Actually, our beloved 360 is terrible with fighting games, due to a less-than-optimal directional pad. Anything that relies heavily on a D-Pad doesn't play well on the console at all. It works, for example, when games use it to toggle between things every once and awhile. But since fighters rely on the thing for combo creation, it just doesn't work that well.

• @Rather Dashing said: Actually, our beloved 360 is terrible with fighting games, due to a less-than-optimal directional pad. Anything that relies heavily on a D-Pad doesn't play well on the console at all. It works, for example, when games use it to toggle between things every once and awhile. But since fighters rely on the thing for combo creation, it just doesn't work that well.

hence you have a joystick

• @patters said: hence you have a joystick

Joysticks are not really appropriate substitutes, especially for complicated combos that require fast precision for entry.

• @Rather Dashing said: Joysticks are not really appropriate substitutes, especially for complicated combos that require fast precision for entry.

i so meant an arcade stick which is a type of joystick really

Add Comment