User Avatar Image

Achievements

posted by Maratanos on - last edited - Viewed by 585 users

Okay, since it's going to be on XBLA, I feel like I should mention that there was in some sectors of the internet a sense that CSI4 didn't do achievements very well. So I'm curious what, if anything, you intend to change in that regard.

19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i doubt the pc version will have achievements at all. was just pointing out it would be possible

  • Please don't use Games For Windows Live. Really just don't use any of those services unless it's completely optional. I don't want to pull out my Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures DVD 10 years from now only to realize that I won't be able to actually play it because Microsoft took the GFWL servers down. :(

  • @behe101 said: pleeeeeeeeease don't use GfWL
    Steam supports achievements and they work better.


    They aren't releasing it on Steam, though. At least, the releases we are talking about are on the Telltale site and Xbox Live.

    How do they "work better"? Especially for someone who, for example, would otherwise never use the clunky regulatory beast that is the Steam client?

    @behe101 said: Please don't use Games For Windows Live. Really just don't use any of those services unless it's completely optional. I don't want to pull out my Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures DVD 10 years from now only to realize that I won't be able to actually play it because Microsoft took the GFWL servers down. :(

    ...I don't think that's how Games for Windows Live works....

  • @dg10050 said: Please don't use Games For Windows Live. Really just don't use any of those services unless it's completely optional. I don't want to pull out my Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures DVD 10 years from now only to realize that I won't be able to actually play it because Microsoft took the GFWL servers down. :(

    i doubt that would happen, that would mean xbox live would no longer exist which probably won't happen, it will be advanced but not gone

  • @ShaggE said: Achievement.aspx?text=PointedAchievement.aspx?text=Clicked

    Let me guess. They're both 1000G(whatever G stands for) each?

  • @Gman5852 said: Let me guess. They're both 1000G(whatever G stands for) each?

    gamerscore... arcade games cant have 1000gs noob.... haha jokes

  • Many games have awards without needing to connect to some online community. If you want to compare ewangs just post screenshots :)

  • Just out of curiosity, how many achievements will we be expecting per episode?

  • @Gman5852 said: Just out of curiosity, how many achievements will we be expecting per episode?

    Same as every XBLA game :)

    12 achievements totaling 200 points.

  • @tabacco said: Same as every XBLA game :)

    12 achievements totaling 200 points.

    Oh I didn't know all Xbla games had exactly 12 achivements.

    EDIT: but now that I checked my XBLA games i realize they all have 12 achievements

Add Comment