User Avatar Image

Confirmed: NOT Peter Sallis

posted by Guybrush Threepwood on - last edited - Viewed by 360 users

Thanks to Mixnmojo for the tip. It is now confirmed in the latest issue of PCZone that Peter Sallis will not be voice acting Wallace in the games, and instead his official back-up actor will be taking the role.

Deep down I suspected as much (since Telltale weren't saying anything, and he's getting old now), but I'm still a tad disappointed. I'm not sure how close the other guy sounds, but I hope the difference is barely - if not at all - noticable.

52 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How old is Peter Sallis, again?

• @Guy in a Box said: How old is Peter Sallis, again?

88. Born in 1921! :eek:

• Okay, I now can see why his back-up actor is performing him. Does he still remember that he was the voice of Wallace?

• Yeah, I'm not too surprised. It's not that big a deal, really. 5 (assuming we're going to get 5 of them) episodes is a hell of a lot of voice-over work, the man isn't exactly as young as he used to be, and I imagine his paycheck for big productions like this can be a bit too much for a smaller company like Telltale. People taking over roles in voice-acting isn't nearly as bad as in 'real' acting. And, seeing as it's still Aardmans official back-up voice (which I wasn't expecting, nice job Telltale!), I imagine he's going to do a great job. I assume Aardman would want the same guy to do the movies if Sallis isn't going to be able to anymore.

Really looking forward to the new screenshots! Hell, really looking forward to the games!

• @Guy in a Box said: Okay, I now can see why his back-up actor is performing him. Does he still remember that he was the voice of Wallace?

considering he is still doing the voices for the shorts and films, then yes probably. being 88 doesn't mean that he has dementia, just makes it more likely.

• To be off-topic, I also found out this from animated-news.com:

Wallace & Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death UK DVD in March

DVDTimes reports that Nick Park’s BAFTA winning short Wallace & Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death will arrive on DVD and Blu-ray in UK on 23rd March. Extras on this release will include “When Wallace Met Harvey, A Day In The Life of Nick Park”, “Tell Tale Games” and “Making Of A Matter Of Loaf And Death“.

Apparently, Aardman's pretty sure that Telltale's capable of making these games if they're putting a featurette about them on the DVD.

• @Guy in a Box said: To be off-topic, I also found out this from animated-news.com:

Apparently, Aardman's pretty sure that Telltale's capable of making these games if they're putting a featurette about them on the DVD.

Not sure enough that they can put Telltale as one word, though. =p

I've seen advertisements for crappy products on good DVDs before, anyway. ;)

• Yes, but I'm betting that was a mistake from the writer of the article. Apparently, he's never heard of this place. :rolleyes:

• We do have something on that DVD. It's not a featurette though. Speculate away. :D

• @Emily said: We do have something on that DVD. It's not a featurette though. Speculate away. :D

A demo? A new trailer? If it's not a featurette, it has to be one of those two, I guess?

Add Comment