User Avatar Image

If your life were a film, what would the soundtrack be?

posted by Guy in a Box on - last edited - Viewed by 480 users

Okay, if this thread is supposed to go in the Forum Games section, then someone please move it if need be.

Anyway, these are the rules:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every category, type the song that's playing, along with the artist and the album name
5. When you go to a new category, press the next button
6. Don't lie.
7. Only do this two three times, one for the original movie and one for the "sequel" one for the "sequel", and one for the "third sequel that nobody really asked for but got anyway". But please, wait until at least 8 10 replies have already been submitted before you do another. The playlist replies, I mean.

Alright, these are mine:

Opening Credits: Driving with the Top Down by Ramin Djawadi - Iron Man: Music from the Motion Picture (so...much...awesome...)
Birth: Ignition by TobyMac - Portable Sounds (a bit awkward for child birth, but what the heck)
First Day of School: Back in Black by AC/DC - Back in Black (I can just imagine me swinging into the doors of my school with this music blaring behind me XD)
Falling in Love: Shut Your Eyes by Snow Patrol - Eyes Open (...Wow, and right after AC/DC...:confused:)
Fight Song: Iron Monger by Ramin Djawadi - Iron Man: Music from the Motion Picture (Yeah, this fits. This fits real good.)
Breaking Up: Cheer Up, Coach Z by Homestar and Coach Z - Hooked on Decemberween (I'd like to try breaking up with someone by singing them this song XD)
Prom: In the End by Pickin' On Series - Bluegrass Tribute to Linkin Park (Okay, I have no idea if I should be impressed or terrified...should be one interesting prom)
Life: American Dream by Switchfoot - Oh! Gravity. (Much better. This could work as my theme song :p)
Mental Breakdown: Confessions (What's Inside My Head) by RED - Innocence & Instinct (Whoa, this actually fits...o_o)
Driving: Everything You Know is Wrong by Weird Al Yankovic - Bad Hair Day (YES. This fits PERFECTLY. I just cracked up when I heard this.)
Flashback: GO-4 by Thomas Newman - WALL-E: Soundtrack from the Motion Picture (You know this actually fits...somewhat.)
Wedding: Surfin' Bird (Bird is the Word) by Trashmen - (no album name given) (This is one awesome wedding...)
Birth of Child: The Traveling Song by will.i.am - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (eh, not bad, not what I was expecting...I was expecting Back in Black again XP)
Final Battle: The Feeling by Kutless - To Know That You're Alive (w00t (' ')\m/)
Death Scene: Put On Your Sunday Clothes by Michael Crawford & Company - WALL-E: Soundtrack from the Motion Picture (Holy...crap...apparently, I'm going to have some hallucinations on my death bed. "Is that...*censored*...an angel? Why, yes, *censored*, St. Peter, I would love to *censored**censored* play with you! *giggles gleefully, then five censors*")
Funeral: Hardware Store by Weird Al Yankovic - Poodle Hat (...Well, it IS my funeral, so...)
End Credits: Stars by Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown (And it fits. Now this is my theme song!)

Just take out my songs and replace them with your own, and that's it!

EDIT: You can also comment on other people's songs they came up with.

51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'll edit in mine later. First I'll post my topics.

Opening Credits:

Birth: The Saga Begins - Weird Al (PERFECT!)

First Day of School: The Theme From Dangeresque 2: This Time It's Not Dangeresque 1 - Strong Bad (Yeah, not the best, but okay)

Falling in Love:

Fight Song:

Breaking Up:

Prom:

Life:

Mental Breakdown:

Driving:

Flashback:

Wedding:

Birth of Child:

Final Battle:

Death Scene:

Funeral:

End Credits:

• Birth: Let's have a War by Fear. (Uh... I'm not a violent idividual, is it like a war of the minds? Or debate?)

First Day of School: Promo to WebSite by Prince. (Wat?)

Falling in Love: When Love Comes to Town by U2. (YES! This would be mostly shot in slow motion. With extra jumping and bounciness [Just Kidding]. Still, a great song!

Fight Song: We Do by The Simpsons voice over artist (This seems more like an intro to a fight)

Breaking Up: Breed by Nirvana (Do I leave town when she is pregnant?)

Prom: Sassafras Roots by Nirvana (They're doing the prom?!?!? I would totally waste hundreds of dollars on a tux, limo, and photos for some cheesy prm to see them!

Life: Loco by 311 (Actually fitting)

Mental Breakdown: First Tube by Phish (Sounds like an adventure through my mind)

Driving: Rich Girl (My girlfriend bribed the driver's ed teacher to give my licsense? Sweet! Except for the fact I don't want to drive.)

Flashback: A Million Days (Perfect!)

Wedding: Something in the Way by Nirvana (They seem to like my movie, but this choice makes no sense. Maybe you ain't choosing what songs you do now.)

Birth of Child: Black Tambourine by Beck (This is the worst arrangment ever)

Final Battle: Bagged me a Homer by Lurleen Lumpkin (Niiiiiiiceee)

Death Scene: Wonderful from Wicked (Yaaaaaaaaaaay!)

Funeral: Sugalumps by Flight of the Conchords (Yes!)

End Credits: I Wish I Could Go back to College from Avenue Q (Okay, I cheated for this one, let me just shuffle again... Okay! It's Gone Shootin' by AC/DC. I think that's weird, but whatever)

• @ig0rpwnwEd said:

Prom: Sassafras Roots by Nirvana (They're doing the prom?!?!? I would totally waste hundreds of dollars on a tux, limo, and photos for some cheesy prm to see them!

i think thats by green day

• You forgot to do Opening Credits, ig0rpwnwEd.

• Opening Credits: Sixteen by No Doubt. You are right, Patters. My mistake.

• Here we go! The new motion Picture out today,and the name is
    The life and times of Darkblade07

Opening Credits: There taking the hobbits to Isengard (talk about insanity)
    Birth: Smoke on the water by six feet under (starting out heavy)
    First Day of School: The beginning by as i lay dying (this shuffle stuff is awsome!)
    Falling in Love: Dead Horse by Rackets And Drapes (Wow,thats a bit creepy)
    Fight Song: Miracle by Paramore (Thats a miracle alright)
    Breaking Up: Golgotha by With blood comes cleansing (a Black metal breakup)
    Prom: The pilgrimage by crimson moonlight (another dark prom)
    Life: My major and minor seven chord extentions guitar theory lesson...crazy
    Mental Breakdown: Crank that Soda Boy soulja boy parody (Talk about mental breakdown)
    Driving: Scary-o from theBig Boogey Adventure (Driving can get a little scary)
    Flashback: Earthquake by FF5 (Must of been a flashback of a kickin party)
    Wedding: The halloween theme song (How ironic)
    Birth of Child: God bless the children of the damned by rackets and drapes (I have a feeling this movie wouldn't be rated PG)
    Final Battle: No Idea by A very special guest (Great battle tune)
    Death Scene: Goodbye by SR-71 (Works in just perfectly)
    Funeral: Reinvintion by As I lay dying (and i was hoping the gameover theme from mario)
    End Credits: Whatever you like by wierd Al (Begining Death Metal ending Wierd Al)

• The Sequel! The alternate telling of the life of some dude!

Opening Credits: Tired of Waiting for You by Green Day (This would fit birth, since I came very late)

Birth:Bathtub Gin (Were my parents really crazy enough to have my mom give birth to me in a tub full of gin?)

First Day of School: High 5 (Rock the Catskills) by Beck (I was the cool kid before fourth grade, were I went 4 Gregs [Minus Japanese Culture Greg] one everyone)

Falling in Love: Car Theif by the Beastie Boys (Apparently I'm "Bad" in this universe)

Fight Song: Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town by Pearl Jam (Lawl)

Breaking Up: eBay by Weird Al Yankovic (Is it legal to sell your girlfriend? This IS a quite alternate universe...)

Prom: Amish Paradise by Weird Al Yankovic (The energy went out, I guess)

Life: Ode to A Superhero by the same guy as the last 2 songs (Weird Al, please let me hear some different songs. Pleeze?)

Mental Breakdown: Drain You by Nirvana (Not too fitting...)

Driving: Waiting on a Friend by the Rolling Stones (I made friend =s with the Driving teacher? Ooooookaaaaaay.)

Flashback: Germs by Him again (YOU AREN'T MAJORITY OF MY iPODS MUSIC! I NEED OTHER SONGS!!!)

Wedding: Breed by Nirvana (I think this one is obvious)

Birth of Child: Shadenfreude from Avenue Q (What, does he look that bad?)

Final Battle: We Got Us by The Muppets (This is almost as funny as Bagged me a Homer for the Final Battle!)

Death Scene: It Takes Two from Hairspray the Movie (Uh... How did THAT get in there? I have no clue! Is my sister messing with my iPod again [Yeah, that's the ticket...])

Funeral: Roam by the B-52's (Apparently I come back and dance around in the woods)

End Credits: Looking Down The Barrel of a Gun by the Beastie Boys (No comment)

• Wait, So for a thread that says "What would your soundtrack be?", It's random? Meh, I'll go ahead, but my iTunes only has Cave Story music on. Now you know the kind of person I am.

Opening Credits: Cave Story Theme Song/Plantation (What a lucky *tankard* I am...)
    Birth: The way back home (DOES. NOT. FIIIIIT.)
    First Day of School: Mimiga Town (It would fit if I were normal, But I raised hell on my first day =P)
    Falling In Love: Pulse (Sorta Fits, But only the slightly depressing solo bit)
    Fight Song: Last Battle (YES. YES. YES!)
    Breaking Up: Balcony (Another that fits? Irony. Also, I love this song, So depressing)
    Prom: Quiet (Sorta fits, but was originally for ambience in the game, Waaaay too mysterious for the prom.)
    Life: Living Waterway (Another fitting one, This is getting pretty sweet now.)
    Mental Breakdown: Balrog's Theme (Okay, It kinda fits.)
    Driving: Oprression (Waaaaaiit... WHAT!?)
    Flashback: Eyes of Flame (Only fits to a small degree, unless it was a flashback of a fight)
    Wedding: Hero's End (It's less depressing than it's name says, So much so, It fits!)
    Birth of Child: Jenka 2 (Doesn't fit at all, maybe the original would, but this version is used for the Red Flower Crisis, So damn.)
    Final Battle: Moonsong (NO NO NOT THIS! *Cries uncontrollably* this song makes me Cry Damnit! WRONG SONG FOR FINAL BATTLE!)
    Death Scene: Toroko's Theme (Okay, It fits once you find out why it's half depressing and half not in game... WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE?!)
    Funeral: Scorching Back (Apparently it was very Hectic...)
    End Credits: Safety (Oh, Yay, One of the generic House songs...)

Okay, If I were to choose to change Final Battle, I'd probably choose... RUN! for it, Or maybe Zombie. Oh, and all of the songs are in the Deluxe Cave Story set.

• Alright, it's been 8 10 replies, so I'm going to do mine again. Presenting...the sequel!

Opening Credits: Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley (HELL YES. THAT IS IT. THAT IS ALL I'M GOING TO SAY. HELL YES.)
    Birth: Gulmira by Ramin Djawadi (Apparently, me being born is going to be FRICKING AWESOME)
    First Day of School: 72 Degrees and Sunny by Thomas Newman (It's something that sounds like a commercial for the iPod more than anything...>_>)
    Falling in Love: Homestar Runner by The Very Low Sodium Band (Not what I was expecting, doesn't fit, but it's funny. Better than Snow Patrol :p)
    Fight Song: Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters from a Planet Near Mars by Weird Al (an edge-of-your-seat grip-your-armrests epic battle of the ages!)
    Breaking Up: What I've Done by Vitamin String Quartet (It's a strings cover of the song by Linkin Park. Not what I was expecting, but it could fit.)
    Prom: Opening Credits by Jared Emerson-Johnson (Okay, come on, I don't even need to explain this one ;) )
    Life: The Setting Sun by Switchfoot (could make good background music for a montage sequence)
    Mental Breakdown: Directive A-113 by Thomas Newman (kinda new-age music, pretty mysterious, yeah, could work)
    Driving: The Palace That Was Found by Kenichi Tokoi (could work if I were Egyptian)
    Flashback: Everybody Knows It by Homestar Runner (Uhhh-huh)
    Wedding: Sonic the Hedgehog - Green Hill Zone by Retro Remix Revue (80's wedding!)
    Birth of Child: The Night of Your Life Is When You'll Die by Capital Lights (foreshadowing...)
    Final Battle: Kids Dont Play Wit 2 Many Nifes by Crack Stuntman (see comment for "Fight Song")
    Death Scene: Open Your Heart ~Crush 40 vs. Bentley Jones Remix~ by Crush 40 and Bentley Jones (Great!)
    Funeral: To Know That You're Alive by Kutless (not right at all. IRONY!)
    End Credits: Ordinary by Train (My second theme song XP)

Alright, and the reviews say the film sucked. But I don't care!

• The Sequel!
    Opening: Mr. Boombastic by Shaggy (Awesome)
    Birth: You Spin me right round(like a record Baby) by Dead or Alive
    School: Spanish Flea by ??? (Wut?)
    Love: Doo wa diddy by Manfred mann(Finally something that fits!)
    Fight: Numa Numa by O-Zone (Mia ha-ha!)
    Breaking up: Blue by Eiffel 65 (Fits)
    Prom: Legend of Zelda theme (Must have been a themed prom)
    Life:More than a feeling by Boston (It's back!?)
    Mental Breakdown:Carry on wayward Son by Kansas (fitting?! Agian!?)
    Driving:Here it goes again by OK GO(must've been popular with the staff in the last film)
    FlashBack:Thunderstruck by AC/DC (Must've had a fastpaced life)
    Wedding: The Hall of the mountain king by Edward Grieg
    Birth of kid: Dude looks like a lady by Aerosmith (The 1 time it showed up was at the birth of my kid!)
    Final Battle: Dancing Queen by ABBA (Best battle ever)
    Death: Covoy by C.W.McCoy
    Funeral: Back in the USSR by The Beatles (So I went to russian heaven?)
    Credits: I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister ( \M/ )

Add Comment