User Avatar Image

Why Come Nothing Happens on The FOT Steam Group?

posted by the_napoleon on - last edited - Viewed by 244 users

I just recently joined the Friends of Telltale group, but there are absolutely no events going on or anything like that in particular. I understand that you guys don't have any servers of your own, plus the group is far from a clan, but I still think it would be nice to play some L4D or TF2 with the people on this forum.

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @patters said: episode 3 you mean. half life 3 isn't confirmed

Yeah, I know, I was just trying to imply that TF2 bots will take a very long time, and that it wouldn't be Valve's main project.

• @Snicklin said: I have TF2! It's awesome! Unfortunately, there's no single player mode. It's all online multiplayer.

I know, I was quite disappointed when I rented it for 360.

"Oh, no, we can't have Bots. We don't want them to see our award winning AI!":)

• @natlinxz said: "Oh, no, we can't have Bots. We don't want them to see our award winning AI!":)

Like I said before, there are some things Valve has to do in order to make TF2 bots. How are you going to make an AI that can detect a spy based on suspicious behavior? In my mind, that seems like something that would be very hard to make.

• I don't like Bots. It's kinda pointless. If i want to play against bots i play with games like Bioshock and stuff, where it makes sense. But in a multiplayer context it's kinda pointless. As for a Friend's of Telltale group, i wasn't aware there was one. I'll definitelly join it sometimes. I really love Left 4 dead

• @PatsDark said: I don't like Bots. It's kinda pointless. If i want to play against bots i play with games like Bioshock and stuff, where it makes sense. But in a multiplayer context it's kinda pointless. As for a Friend's of Telltale group, i wasn't aware there was one. I'll definitelly join it sometimes. I really love Left 4 dead

I agree with you, I'm just trying to tell a few of the people who want TF2 bots a few things about it.

• Maybe we could all go to a TF2 server when the Scout Updates come out (Name's 'Ray-Say-What?' Right now, I mainly play Pyro and Scout because I find them unique for playstyles)

• where did you read about tf2 bots i cant find anything on google....

• @Ray-The-Sun said: Maybe we could all go to a TF2 server when the Scout Updates come out (Name's 'Ray-Say-What?' Right now, I mainly play Pyro and Scout because I find them unique for playstyles)

Sounds good to me, my name again is Wonko The Sane, and right about now I've been playing a lot of Spy, Medic, Sniper and Engineer. I'll send you a friend request.

@Ray-The-Sun said: where did you read about tf2 bots i cant find anything on google....

I heard about it from a TF2 podcast from these couple of guys called the Dead Workers Party. I've been listening to them for almost a month now, and I've really been enjoying it. Their episode on bots is episode 61.

• @the_napoleon said:

I heard about it from a TF2 podcast from these couple of guys called the Dead Workers Party. I've been listening to them for almost a month now, and I've really been enjoying it. Their episode on bots is episode 61.

oh thats a mod not by valve as i understand

• Oops, looks like you're right. I just listened to that episode over again and heard one of them say a third party was making it. Well, that makes me feel much better.

Add Comment