User Avatar Image

UPDATE on pre-order activation issues! (woohoo!)

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Update update: Reports indicate that everything should be working correctly now! Your games should be behaving as normal... or at least behaving as you'd expect a Sam & Max game to behave.

Of course if you still run into trouble, you can follow the support instructions lower in this post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original, now-outdated post:

Hey guys,

A lot of people who pre-ordered have been getting a "purchase is not complete" error when trying to activate their pre-order. We know this sucks! The good news is that we've been working with our e-commerce and software activation provider and successfully found the problem. Over the next hour peoples orders should start unlocking properly. Yay! We're really sorry about this, but the troubles should be over very very soon.

In the mean time, if you pre-ordered and can't wait for us to finish fixing things behind the scenes, we can manually unlock your purchase. To do that, you can click the "Activation Support" button on the bottom corner of the game's launcher screen, and follow the instructions there to email us your hardware fingerprint and order number. Note that we have a pretty deep backlog of manual unlock emails which we have four people replying to as fast as we can, so while we'll get to you as soon as possible, the reply won't be immediate.

Anyway, sorry again for the problems, but we should be through the worst of it. Thanks for sticking by.

- Jake

42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Great job guys! Looks like you fixed that problem very very fast ;)
    14% left to go :)

• Still waiting on mine. Does it matter if I just made the purchase about 3 hours ago?

• yea thanks *applaud*
    i'm definately grateful for the timely help wheeeee!!

• Yep, my one seems to be working now. Luckily I remembered the password.

Another thing for people who have installed the demo to note: to get back to the Activation screen easily rather than having to go through the demo and exit out, don't click on the Desktop Shortcut - use the one inside the Culture Shock folder.

• I never received a code either. I Pre-ordered 3 days ago.

A little disappointing actually.

:confused:
    D.

• @Derrick said: I never received a code either. I Pre-ordered 3 days ago.

D.

You shouldn't need any special code at this point. Just grab the demo, click on "I've already purchased this", and enter your orderid and the password you gave during the checkout process, and you should be set.

• I did everything as directed but it's still not working for me, so I guess I'll have to wait for support. I'm pretty sure I have the password correct and it gives a different error if I enter an incorrect password.

Also, now it's saying that it's out of keys from too many attempts, so it seems like Telltale's server accepts the login and sends the key, but then the key gets rejected by the activation program.

EDIT: Got it manually activated, so I'm happy now :) Thanks, Telltale support!

• Youre doing a great job ... I got my mail back really fast. Cudos. Great support, I love you guys! Not only for the company you work for but also your lightning fast keyboard typing fingers and keen 'reply' spotting eyes. As well as the stuff you do to actually getting the games working :)

Thanks.

Special shout out to Jake, who i've been harassing with several email allready. Mwahahah, the clever guy sent me his personal telltale address ... mwahahah. The fun never ends.

Time to sleep, if I can, after the mindnumbing feeling of playing Sam and Max again. Gotto try, the clock is a quarter to two here in Norway. Oh no, I typed where I lived, he'll find me and harass me as i've harassed him .... oh no .. the backslash button doesn't work ...

• @tabacco said: [QUOTE=Derrick;11543]I never received a code either. I Pre-ordered 3 days ago.

D.

You shouldn't need any special code at this point. Just grab the demo, click on "I've already purchased this", and enter your orderid and the password you gave during the checkout process, and you should be set.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I did not notice the little enter order # text on the startup screen. It is only there when I use a resolution of 1024x768. I usually only use 640x480 because I have it setup on my TV.

D.

• Help! I'm getting an invalid password error (ARM1016) when trying to activate the game (I preordered) I'm entering the exact password that I'm using to log into my account on the Telltale site.

Add Comment