User Avatar Image

Too easy?

posted by Opus132 on - last edited - Viewed by 187 users

I just started this series for the first time. I like it, but so far it seems to be a bit easy. Some of the puzzles in the first episode were somewhat challenging, but other then that it's been a soft ride. Episode three in particular was a breeze. Is this how it's going to be from now on or can i expect more challenge? What about season two? I like the game so far, but i'm worried i may end up finish it really quick.

53 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Trica said: Gah, for me the puzzles were insanely hard at first.. but that was probably cause I hadn't played this kind of games in a long while. :) As I got more into the S&M universe, those puzzles became slightly easier for me, too.

But never too easy, that's for sure! :D

Well, I can speak only for myself - I had quite a simple time with Chariots of the Dogs and What's New Beelzebub. I only stopped at places to laugh my head off - which happened quite often :D

• @Pantagruel's Friend said: Well, I can speak only for myself - I had quite a simple time with Chariots of the Dogs and What's New Beelzebub. I only stopped at places to laugh my head off - which happened quite often :D

Heheh, well I haven't played Season 2 yet, so I can't comment on that. :D

Season One burned quite a bit of my braincells, though. ;) Especially Reality 2.0.

• I noticed an increase in difficulty in the first season, but I've only played the first game in the second season and it was the easiest yet. It's good to know that the rest will be harder.

• @thanatos56 said: I noticed an increase in difficulty in the first season, but I've only played the first game in the second season and it was the easiest yet. It's good to know that the rest will be harder.

Are you playing season 2 with all hints turned off?

• I got stuck in 102, but after I figured that puzzle out, I figured out that "oh, that's right, I have to think like Sam and Max". It's really not that hard if you think like them, because most of the puzzles only make sense to them.
    I've gotten stuck a few times, but usually Max helped me out (if you know what I mean).
    Also, in What's New Beelzebub?, I think I broke Max's hint button. I turned on the hints, because the answer to the puzzle wasn't obvious (and I don't even remember what puzzle this was). He told me to go one place, so I went there, and then he told me he was homesick, immediately after I got there...
    Personally, I think he was just messing with me.

• @Hero1 said: Are you playing season 2 with all hints turned off?

I think I had it set on the lowest hints possible while still having hints on.

Anyway, I kinda want to see Telltale make a puzzle that's unbelievably hard, just for fun. Like the door password puzzle in Monkey Island 2. Just something that makes you think for hours before you get it.

• Seeing as I am not that good when playing adventure games, I had a hard time with all the episodes. I like turning hints off completely though.

• Hi, sorry to bring back a dead topic, but I was just thinking along these lines while playing and didn't want to start a new one. Let me start by saying I've only played the first 3 episodes of Season 1 so far (I've heard they get better from there, too) and I love them.

But part of me feels like the games are missing something that the original had and the oldschool point-and-click games had by being so short and self-contained. They just feel kind of easy because it seems you're just going back and forth between Sam&Max's street and one or two episode-specific locations in each game. And there just isn't time for big complicated puzzles, or combining inventory items together. I just remember from the first game there being like 10 locations to run back and forth between and figure out what to do next at.

Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining too much, I love the games so far, just wondering how people felt about this, and whether people really prefer smaller episodic games than one big one that maybe could even be broken into smaller episodes but feel a bit bigger in scope? (Sorry if this has been discussed to death earlier, like when these came out/were first announced; like I said, I just started S1 recently)

Add Comment