User Avatar Image

When do we get our demo? [now!]

posted by Alucard on - last edited - Viewed by 420 users

Heard you guys were over at San Francisco's Wonder-Con the other day with a demo. I hope this means that forum members will get their demo soon?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

Just press "esc" to open the menu in-game, and then click "settings."

• Just finished it. And wow, walking around in Wallace's garden was pretty cool. The new possibility's with camera angels are endless, and I would really like to see it continued in stuff like Sam & Max. The world feels so much more alive. I do think I might get a gamepad for this though, might make controlling Wallace just a bit easier. Really looking forward to all the other episodes, and hey, you guys already had my money. Great, great job. Really, I was expecting a good game, but I guess I wasn't expecting so much atmosphere.

The only thing I'm kind of annoyed about is the fact that the game starts stuttering just a bit too much on the higher graphics settings (which, looking at the comments, is pretty common) Still, the game looks amazing even on lower settings.

• Just wanted to say that I enjoyed the demo! The controls are a bit hard to get used to though, maybe I'll just plug in the Xbox controller I have lying around, that might be better. As for Wallace's voice actor, he was better than I had anticipated, and after a while it didn't really bother me at all that it wasn't Peter Sallis. One thing I absolutely loved about it is the sense of action. After the initial calm sequence in West Wallaby Street, you're thrown right into action in the car scene, and it just feels awesome - almost like an action game instead of an adventure game. Also, the game looks absolutely fantastic, it's definitely among the most beautiful PC games I've played. Cracking demo, lads and lasses! :D

• The graphics are great and I even like the control scheme, but the camera positioning could be better at some places. Walking to the edge of the visual area before I have a clue what's up ahead is not my idea of exploring, and when walking back from the bus stop there's even a place where you can in fact walk out of sight altogether and still not have the viewpoint shift. You can do better than this, Telltale!
    I'm definitely going to pre-order this, though. Great stuff.

• So no mouse controls at all then?

• You walk with WASD or the arrow keys, and you use the mouse to highlight points of interest, just like in the previous games. Shift-key gives you your inventory.

I do think it would be great with a gamepad. Gotta try that out soon.

• Oh my goodness, I've just played a few minutes into the demo, but I like it a LOT already. And what really surprised me: All texts are localized (into German in my case), including menus, and subtitles. How did you manage to include that? Already a German publisher maybe?

My only gripe is the volume, as the music is way too loud on my PC, making it very hard to understand the voices. Any chance for separate volume-controls as in S&M?

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

@Laserschwert said: And what really surprised me: All texts are localized (into German in my case), including menus, and subtitles. How did you manage to include that? Already a German publisher maybe?

A nice side effect of developing a game which will appear on PC and XBLA is that you can put all the work you did on XBLA localization into your PC version. :)

• @Jake said: A nice side effect of developing a game which will appear on PC and XBLA is that you can put all the work you did on XBLA localization into your PC version. :)

May I ask who did the translation? A German studio I suppose?

EDIT
    Another important thing: PLEASE include a way to chose your subtitle-language. I'd prefer reading english subtitles along with the english speech (and I assume a lot of non-english speakers would prefer it that way)

• User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni

You choose the subtitle language when installing.

Add Comment