User Avatar Image

Thoughts of the demo...

posted by rubberchickenwithapulley on - last edited - Viewed by 268 users

Well after this nice and sweet little teaser I have three questions regarding the full game:

1. Will all the episodes be in activision and no mousecontrol regarding movements of the characters?
2. Will there be(e) fan gear?
3. How big are the games in full size?

But I thought it was a nice demo, it is looking very promising - holding my breath untill the 24 of march!

:D:D:D:D:D

17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Having played the demo Im abit disappointed with the voice acting (Wallace) and the lack of music volume (couldnt hear the voices sometimes!) but apart from that it could be quite fun.

    Hope the puzzles get harder too :p

  • @tabacco said: No, the game is always letterboxed to a 16:9 aspect ratio. You should be able to change to 1280x1024 but the game will still run letterboxed.

    Ouch! It means it's the same for the final game, not only the demo?

  • @Pantagruel's Friend said: Ouch! It means it's the same for the final game, not only the demo?

    Having a fixed aspect ratio allows our choreographers to know exactly what will and won't be in their shots.

  • @tabacco said: No, the game is always letterboxed to a 16:9 aspect ratio. You should be able to change to 1280x1024 but the game will still run letterboxed.

    Ok, then I will play in Widescreen ;) , but I am still unable to change the resolution for some reason. If I click on one of the listed resolutions, nothing happens, and using the keyboard doesn't seem to work either.

  • @Mirko said: If I click on one of the listed resolutions, nothing happens, and using the keyboard doesn't seem to work either.

    When you click a resolution in the list, does it become selected/bold? Or is there no visible change?

  • @[TTG said: Yare;118499']Having a fixed aspect ratio allows our choreographers to know exactly what will and won't be in their shots.

    ... and I guess there are other reasons too, as this is the 4th 2009 game I play, and the 3rd that is fixed to 16:9, the other two being first person-free camera (where the choreography argument doesn't apply).
    (sigh) the last thing I want to spend money on is a new monitor - but I'm already hating 1280x720...

  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator

    Why is there no independent audio volume for speech and music as it was in Sam&Max?
    For me the music is much to loud. I used to turn it down in S&M in order to be able to understand the dialog better. Since i am not a native English speaker this is essential for me.

  • @[TTG said: Yare;118559']When you click a resolution in the list, does it become selected/bold? Or is there no visible change?

    There is no visible Change. And there seems to be a Thread about the exact same Problem in the Support Forum: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7980. Should I post again there?

    EDIT: Now I just did post there, as it is probably better to have the discussion about this problem in one Place.

  • @Pantagruel's Friend said: ... and I guess there are other reasons too, as this is the 4th 2009 game I play, and the 3rd that is fixed to 16:9, the other two being first person-free camera (where the choreography argument doesn't apply).
    (sigh) the last thing I want to spend money on is a new monitor - but I'm already hating 1280x720...

    Umm, yeah, no matter what, it's always letterbox. The same thing for Peter Jackson's King Kong game. It gives the presentation a cinematic sense.

  • I was reminded how much I miss grim fandango when I played the demo. It is a great start. Pretty good chance I'll buy this one for my little cousins.

Add Comment