User Avatar Image

Will you buy Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures?

posted by Sinker182 on - last edited - Viewed by 311 users

I love the demo, but I don't really want to play it on PC and I don't have an Xbox 360; I'm gonna wait 'till the end and see if they make a disc for Wii.

What about you?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, yes, a million times yes! Thank you telltale for singlehandedly bringing back the adventure game genre. Also, I just found the Broken Sword trilogy on DVD at Virgin. :O Good find!

• I would buy it on PC but my laptop is not fast enough for games. Has anyone tested the demo in Wine? Does it work?

If it came out on Wii (retail) then I would buy it no doubt.

• I absolutly love Walace and Gromit and REALY want to buy it, but my PC is too glitchy to run it and I don't own a 360, so I have to wait for it on Wii. Hurry up, Teltale!

• Only if It will be made for:
    1) Wii
    2) SCUMM (so I can run it in SCUMMVM)

• So, I finally pre-ordered Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures. I'm not too happy about the controls, but Telltale has done and continues to do SO MUCH ELSE right. Yare's explanation was simple and down-to-earth, which worked so much better for me than Dan's "Yeah, we're pretty hot stuff, reinventing adventure games as you know it!" attitude from the Joystiq interview.

Honestly, I'm fighting with myself over it a bit. I know the content will be good, I know the delivery will be awesome, I know I'll get a disc with the season. I know that Telltale will continue to be a bunch of great, supportive guys that continue to interact well and directly with their customers.

And, finally, the controls are basically point and click. They're the best I could have hoped for when keyboard controls are dropped on a point and click game, and they obviously worked on getting as many control options as they could afford. I can live with that, I suppose.

Really, I'm buying into the Telltale brand and hoping for the best. I usually don't consider myself a "fan" of any other video game company(I feel it clouds my ZEALOUS CONSUMER ACTIVISM), but Telltale has done quite a bit to earn some benefit of the doubt.

• @Cardcaptor Stacey said: I would buy it on PC but my laptop is not fast enough for games. Has anyone tested the demo in Wine? Does it work?

Hey Stacey, some people in the Support forum seem to have gotten it working: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8003

• Well, I bought it anyway :p Despite hating the keyboard controls (they're very good for keyboard controls, though... it's not Telltale's fault I have these damn problems with my fingers :p). I found out I can use an old Amiga joystick to make it a little more bearable to play.

Another problem with me is that when a game is based on some license, I need to get whatever it's based on, I have this hopeless collector in me! I managed to convince myself NOT to get all the CSI DVD sets, but I was temped :p
    I did get the Bone books and now I need to get the Wallace & Gromit stuff too :o

Btw, I'm hoping I can send these two games I got to someone as a gift, I already had both of them. I already sent a mail to support asking about this, but if someone from Telltale reads my post here first, feel free to reply :p

• @Armakuni said: I did get the Bone books and now I need to get the Wallace & Gromit stuff too :o

Well, it's basically one movie and four shorts, so it shouldn't be too hard on your wallet... :)

np: Pluxus - Sansui (Solid State)

• I've already bought the game for PC and didn't need anytime to consider buying it; I'd already made my mind up when the game was first announced.

I've played Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 and SBCG4AP and it's come to a point where I don't worry whether the next telltale games will be any good, I've enjoyed them that much.

Charlie

• word up to PC!

@Charles Kelly said: I've already bought the game for PC and didn't need anytime to consider buying it; I'd already made my mind up when the game was first announced.

I've played Sam & Max Seasons 1 & 2 and SBCG4AP and it's come to a point where I don't worry whether the next telltale games will be any good, I've enjoyed them that much.

Charlie

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (except season 1 o sam and max. not THAT devoted. season 2 awesome and strong bad 2)

@Charles Kelly said:
    Btw, I'm hoping I can send these two games I got to someone as a gift, I already had both of them. I already sent a mail to support asking about this, but if someone from Telltale reads my post here first, feel free to reply :p

Yeah! i got ice station santa when i signed up and strong bad season customer (WOOT!)

Add Comment