User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - PC and Xbox Live Arcade this Spring!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

Hey hey, there's an announcement! Find out more in the blog.

Snip here:

wg_heretheycome-blog.jpg

[quote=The Blog]We have two excellent pieces of Wallace & Gromit news to share. The first is that in addition to PC, Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures will be appearing on Xbox Live Arcade. (Woo!)

We've long believed that XBLA is an excellent platform for episodic games, and we're super excited to be making our debut* with Wallace & Gromit. We even designed a new UI specifically for the Xbox controls. Before long you'll see for yourself, but for the moment you'll have to take my word for it that this series is shaping up to be Telltale's most cinematic endeavor yet.[/quote]

Again, check out the full story in the Telltale Blog.

Find out more about the game on the Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures website.

79 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Chris1 said: Grim Fandango had a good stab at it.
    Get rid of the annoying "cycle" button and replace its use by using multiple buttons if multiple things are in range, and you're there.

The problem with the GRIME engine on GF and Escape from Monkey island was that the character had to be near an object for the player to know they could interact with it... when you only have a D-pad that is all you can really do. This limitation means that exploring these games became tedious... it took far longer to get Manny to explore a room as you had to make him walk around everywhere and see if there was anything relevant. A mouse or the Wii remote is more intuitive for the "enter a room and look around for things to interact with" that is at the core of graphical adventure gameplay.

With a modern gamepad, though, developrs can use both a D-pad and the joystick... so one can be used for character movement and the other for pointer control. Although I do feel that the Wii is perfect for the Telltale style of games there is nothing to stop a 360 or PS3 port not working really well because of this... the more platforms for these great games, the better.

• Joystiq checked out the game at Wondercon and gave us a quick but nice writeup.

• Ok. Just read on 1up (I think) that wallace and gromitnhas been confrimed on pc xbla and wiiware. whats up with that???????????:(http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173264

• @Supagreen said: *gobbledigook*

Your point being - what exactly?

np: Supermayer - Hey Hotties! (Kompakt Total 9 (Disc 1))

• It says its for wiiware!!!!!! wats up with that????????????????????????

• [quote=Supagreen;119375]It says its for wiiware!!!!!! wats up with that????????????????????????[/quote]

I think one of the Telltale team has said in another thread that this is a mistake. It's very unlikely this game is coming out for WiiWare.
    edit - Found it.

• The press keeps insisting that the game is coming out for WiiWare. It is not, they are mistaken! That, my friend, is what's up with that.

• I see it is coming out on Valve's Steam program though. I'd probably end up getting it through that.

• Just preordered this one, have saved about $10 due to a rising Aussie dollar/falling US dollar over the past week.

Played through the demo, got used to Wallace's voice pretty quickly, I liked the shorter nature of the puzzles and the absence of tedious 'travel' involved in solving each one. This is looking to be a great series.

Also, not so much a W&G question but with the preorder, I want to give the bonus Sam & Max and Strong Bad games to my brother (I already own them), can I just give him the install file and the product key or do I need to set up an 'account' for him and then gift the games?

@Ukujiku said: I see it is coming out on Valve's Steam program though. I'd probably end up getting it through that.

Only danger with this is lack of access to any potential 'bonus DVD' a la Sam & Max. Telltale Store is pretty good, customer service I've received has been fantastic.

• @azza29 said: Also, not so much a W&G question but with the preorder, I want to give the bonus Sam & Max and Strong Bad games to my brother (I already own them), can I just give him the install file and the product key or do I need to set up an 'account' for him and then gift the games?

Just write to support they will be able to help you.

Add Comment