Menu
User Avatar Image

Why only four episodes?

posted by daro2096 on - last edited - Viewed by 401 users

Seasons are getting shorter at Telltale. First season of Sam and Max was 6 episodes long. Second season of Sam and max and Strong Bad was only 5 episodes long. Now Wallace and Gromit is only four episodes long.

Credit crunch hitting Telltale?

Or are you running out of ideas?

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • i know that is a joke. OR IS IT :eek:

• I doubt TTG would make a mumorperger, they have more taste.

• @Derwin said: I think in the past they also found from feedback that people would appreciate longer episodes, instead of more episodes. Can anyone back me up on this one?

I can. I can't remember the exact threads, especially since it was back when I was still a lurker, but I think it was after the first season of Sam and Max came out and people were upset the episodes were shorter than The Great Cow Race. Some people voiced the opinion that they could accept fewer episodes, as long as they were longer. So ... you really can't please everybody.
    That being said, I think four episodes for Wallace and Gromit seems reasonable. Four shorts = four episodes. But if there are fewer than 5 episodes for season 3 of Sam and Max, so help me Telltale! I'll take you off my Christmas card list!

• @Lena_P said: I can. I can't remember the exact threads, especially since it was back when I was still a lurker, but I think it was after the first season of Sam and Max came out and people were upset the episodes were shorter than The Great Cow Race. Some people voiced the opinion that they could accept fewer episodes, as long as they were longer. So ... you really can't please everybody.
    That being said, I think four episodes for Wallace and Gromit seems reasonable. Four shorts = four episodes. But if there are fewer than 5 episodes for season 3 of Sam and Max, so help me Telltale! I'll take you off my Christmas card list!

The W&G game isn't longer. It is basically three acts plus boss level.

• The only thing that may make it seem SLIGHTLY longer is that each task seems to have more subtasks to complete it. And there were more timed puzzles which took me many attempts to complete. Still, I was expecting an entire extra act by all the pre-release buzz about the games being longer. It wasnt short, but did not stand out as being any longer than any other telltale game.

• I don't mind there only being 4 episodes. The first one was great and if the remaining four are as good, I'll be more than happy with 4 episodes.

And I'm excited to see what they'll do next, I hope it will soon be time for some more Sam & Max :D

• After playing episode one, I already think that I'd be pretty unhappy if the price wasn't so good. $26 for four episodes of that size is perfect for me, and the 50% off took a reasonable price and made it extraordinary.

• I agree, the price cuts and discounts for preordering more than make up for less episodes. And I really do love the first episode.

• I have a question
    What is the most high possible level for"graphic quality" in Wallace and gromit. For me it goes only 1 to 9? is there more

• Everyone has access to all 9 graphics settings. How well they run on your particular system is another matter.

Add Comment