User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 21.7K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Final Fantasy XII (Played it once but never beat it.)
    Fallout 3

• I've been watching a lot of HVGN lately, so I recently got a few new games.

Metal Storm: It's a lot of fun, and it's very entertaining. The controls are incredible, as are the graphics. It's a bit on the difficult side, though not too much.

Nightshade: Again, a lot of fun and it's very challenging. It reminds me of Telltale games, in the sense that it's a comedy point and click game. The menu system is a bit annoying, though.

Duck Tales: It really feels like playing an episode of the cartoon with all of the ridiculous settings and enemies and whatnot. It's a lot of fun, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers: The levels are very linear, and the item-getting sound is horrible, but overall, it's a very entertaining and enjoyable experience.

Wild Guns: A very fast-paced shooter game, it's very enjoyable and has a great soundtrack. The costume-changing also reminds me of Smash Bros.

• @16_BIT_MARIO1 said: I've been watching a lot of HVGN lately, so I recently got a few new games.

Hungry Video Game Nerd?

• @Guy in a Box said: Hungry Video Game Nerd?

Happy Video Game Nerd.

Anyway, I've been playing Odama. It's a RTS Pinball Voice-Activated game for Gamecube. It's complicated, but really fun!

• Just bought Mass Effect at Best Buy, since they were out of Silent Hill: Homecoming (-.-). I've rented ME before, but I've been wanting to play it again, so... I'm playing it again.

Also, with this purchase, I now own more RPGs for the 360 than I ever have for any one system before.

• Playing though Cannon Fodder again, had it on my Amiga years ago.
    Got it on GoG.com (Good Old Games) for 6 bucks, well worth it. The game is still really fun today.

However, it's very noticable that this game comes from a time when games were hard :D
    I'm having lots of trouble with some of these later stages.

• Bully for the PS2. I'm going for 100%

• On the final stage of Cannon Fodder now. If anyone here for some strange reason missed out on this gem, I highly recommend it!

They're selling it on GoG.com for 6 bucks, very much worth it.

• Rolando. It's a great game for the iPhone/iPod touch.

I got this to replace LocoRoco, because I don't have a PSP. I played the demo, loved it, then I got a iPod touch for my birthday. I found out about Rolando, got the app, and it really satisfied me. So if you have an iPhone, and want a game like LocoRoco for it (But you don't have a PSP), get Rolando.

• None. I bought Wallace & Gromit, but it won't run.

Add Comment