User Avatar Image

Xbox live arcade launch

posted by Jadthedog on - last edited - Viewed by 366 users

Since no one else has asked this, I guess it's up to me to bring this up. When is Fright of the Bumblebees coming to Live Arcade?

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Dagza said: Do telltale staff hang around here to give an official answer?

@Dagza said: Within the next couple of months, but we don't have a release date yet. When we know for sure, we'll spread the news. :)

Emily is Telltale staff, that was (and continues to be) the official answer

• @StLouisRibs said: It's been done since like March. Days of Arcade completely f'd up the arcade schedule.

I understand why TellTale can't be as honest and open as that, but I'd still love it if that's what they'd say. At least then we'd know the game is out of their hands and entirely dependent on MS. As it stands now I'm not even convinced either W&G or Sam & Max have even been submitted to the ridiculous hurdles of XBLA. I can guess and hope, but for now all I've got to go on is that the original "next couple of months" won't be longer than a couple of months from now.

• It has! theyve said MS hsan't given them a date!

• @jab1981 said: I understand why TellTale can't be as honest and open as that, but I'd still love it if that's what they'd say. At least then we'd know the game is out of their hands and entirely dependent on MS. As it stands now I'm not even convinced either W&G or Sam & Max have even been submitted to the ridiculous hurdles of XBLA. I can guess and hope, but for now all I've got to go on is that the original "next couple of months" won't be longer than a couple of months from now.

The problem is that MS only releases one Arcade game once a week, so they have a quite large lot of them in queue right now. Luckily they're speeding up now and it's been two weeks with three games in a row. Don't worry about submitting the games, as a matter of fact Sam & Max Season One has been up for some time now in Partnernet (meaning it's only pending the release date) and I bet W&G will be released later this month

• proof of sam and max on partnernet?

• A blog that uploads videos and screenshots of games that have been uploaded to Partnernet, like this one:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Qo7n3JjNc2c/Sbi9Rc3PJcI/AAAAAAAAACQ/vE5usr0OT1g/s1600-h/sam+3.jpg

• Sorry to be a party pooper, but being up on Partnernet does not mean that the game is pending release.

• Hm, that's right, I got a bit carried away :D But what I meant to say is that the game has indeed been submitted to XBLA despite the time it might take to see it up for everybody.

• More accurately, a game goes on Partnernet as early as the alpha stage (or earlier!). The "final submission" is pretty well and truly divorced from when a game first becomes visible to developers/microsoft staff. Take anything you read on the internet with a huge grain of salt.

• Well hey, my party has only been partially pooped! Seeing it's out there is something for me! I try to keep optimistic but there was a small part of me that thought it hadn't even been submitted yet. And with all the horror stories I've heard about working with MS on these arcade titles... Argh, it's enough to drive a person insane. At least in this specific case. But knowing it's out there and submitted in some form gives me some piece of mind. With a lack on information I tend to operate on a worst case scenario. I'm really glad to see that's not the case!

Add Comment