User Avatar Image

[Demo] Can't change Graphic Resolution.

posted by MIK0 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

As object. The game starts at 1024x768 and there's no way to make it run at above resolution (even at lower). Found the option but when clicked nothing happen.

74 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MIK0 said: However I have only one display connected trought DVI and still have the same problem.

How many display modes do you have from 800x600 and up supported by your display? More then 4? Could you post a DXCapsViewer.exe log?

P-mail me for further info on how to get DXCapsViewer.exe from Microsoft if you want.

• [quote=Derrick;120724]How many display modes do you have from 800x600 and up supported by your display? More then 4? Could you post a DXCapsViewer.exe log?

P-mail me for further info on how to get DXCapsViewer.exe from Microsoft if you want.[/quote]

Actully I have 4 supported resolution, the same one that appear in the game options, but I can't select none. One of them is a custom resolution I used to play S&M Season One.

• @MIK0 said: Actully I have 4 supported resolution, the same one that appear in the game options, but I can't select none. One of them is a custom resolution I used to play S&M Season One.

I would still like a DXCapsViewer.exe log file if at all possible. But....

It seems your setup also supports my latest theory that when the game detects that there are 4 or less modes. It removes the up/down arrows from the list. That same check is probably stopping the selection.

Now it is all up to TTG to fix it.

• [quote=Derrick;120726]I would still like a DXCapsViewer.exe log file if at all possible. But....

It seems your setup also supports my latest theory that when the game detects that there are 4 or less modes. It removes the up/down arrows from the list. That same check is probably stopping the selection.

Now it is all up to TTG to fix it.[/quote]

You should really work for TTG. You made a good guess and I tried for a chance to add a custom resolution using nvidia control panel taking the max number of resolution from 4 to 5 (I added 1152x864).
    Guess what? Started the game, went to setting, I now have two arrows that let me scroll the resolution list and I CAN SELECT THEM!
    So I think that now it's clear what has to be fixed. Well done.

• @Derrick said:

It's not exactly disabling the scroll buttons that does it, but your guess is pretty close. That path of execution had a typo in it preventing the callback from being assigned to the correct spot. And thanks to the magic of scripting languages, everything failed in absolute silence!

• @[TTG said: Yare;120743']It's not exactly disabling the scroll buttons that does it, but your guess is pretty close. That path of execution had a typo in it preventing the callback from being assigned to the correct spot. And thanks to the magic of scripting languages, everything failed in absolute silence!

So, does that means that, with a simple if/then or try/catch block, everything is fixed ? Will it be a bugfix release soon ?

• @Mwyann said: So, does that means that, with a simple if/then or try/catch block, everything is fixed ? Will it be a bugfix release soon ?

Yes, the bug has been fixed (thanks to everyone in this thread for their information and help). I'm not the person who makes builds and patches, but I'll ask around Monday and see if we can get something tested and sent out.

• Any news? Or is there no possibility of a fix?

• There likely won't be a fix for 101 in the near future. If you have 102, you should be able to set your graphics in it and then copy the prefs.prop file from your 102 saves folder into your 101 folder, or use one of the prefs.prop files that Scott posted

Add Comment