User Avatar Image

Having resolution Problems? Come here to get a prefs.prop

posted by Tester Scott on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I am posting some prefs.prop for Wallace and Gromit with various settings to hopefully remedy some problems while we figure out what is wrong. Just replace your prefs.prop file in the 'my documents/telltale games/wallace and gromit ep 1' with one of these.

34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Theoretically, all of the prefs should already be in windowed mode, but just in case, the standard command is alt+Enter.

• having graphic pobs withw and g backgrounds are black.

• Is it possible for you to post a 1280 x 800 file? I tried the only file below it, hoping I could then change the resolution, but sadly it wasn't. Thankyou!

• I'd also really like to play the game in 1280x800, please.

Strange thing is, the demo was fine.

• My game was refusing to start, but this seems to fix it...admittedly at kind of an annoying resolution for my small screen.

I think it just can't run in full screen for some reason; if I try to switch to that in the settings it crashes instantly. And like some people above, it won't let me change resolutions ingame.

• Thanks for fixing this in the second episode! :) -
    Now that the problem has been found and elimitated, do you plan to release a bug fix for the first episode, too?

• @Nightsurfer said: Thanks for fixing this in the second episode! :) -
    Now that the problem has been found and elimitated, do you plan to release a bug fix for the first episode, too?

I hope they do, there's no reason to not do that. It's really an issue that they don't released it yet.

However, even if now is working in episode 2, there's a little issue. For the ones that have lesse than 4 resolution, the last one is repeated to fill the list. I have 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 and 1280x1024 again. I can't select the last one but if I select any of the other the last one disappear. So no a real issue but there's no reason why it have to be there.

• If anyone is having graphics problems with W&G 2 can I just say that it runs ok on my little Acer Aspire One - which has integrated Intel graphics with screen res of 1024 x 600 (yes, 600), miserly 1Gb memory, and a 1.6Ghz Intel Atom proc.
    Got a blank white window and no hard drive activity?.........
    Ok, run the game, , WAIT, surf the web for 10 mins (yes!) and about 2 mins after the music starts, back into the game (yippee?) DON'T change the resolution.

• I need one for 1440x900 if possible. Thanks :)

• @faecalist said: I need one for 1440x900 if possible. Thanks :)

I'd love that too. I just bought W&G Episode one with the free game coupon I got from the Monkey Island Pre-order. But unable to change the resolutions.

Add Comment