User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]I tried Chrono Trigger the other day, and forgive me when I say that I hated it.[/quote]

Since when everyone has to like Chrono Trigger? I do like it, but I wouldn't exactly start throwing stones at people who don't. No big deal, unless you have 12-year-old friends who love Chrono Trigger and think you suck, because you don't.

As for me, I've been enjoying some AGS games lately. I finally got to finish Super Jazz Man made by Herculean Effort, guys responsible for Apprentice I and II. The game is kind of "short-ish", so once you know what to do, it's very easy to finish. First time around you'll get some decent puzzling out of it, though, and it is certainly worth your $8.95.

After Super Jazz Man, I felt like playing another adventure game and this time I chose Shifter's Box - Outside In. It's another AGS game, and it's completly free. It's centered around great puzzles, though. I can recommend it to anyone who likes puzzles, but if you're all about the story, you might find Shifter's Box largely unrewarding. But let me say this one more time: It's a great puzzler with some really nice graphics and soothing music.

Not too long ago I bought Odin Sphere for the PS2, but I haven't even had the chance to play it yet. I loved the artwork and got it, hoping I'll find some time, one day. Same goes to the new Prince of Persia, which also only got unwrapped and that was that.

• Currently Replaying EarthBound, and playing Oblivion, Mother 3, and Banjo Kazooie.

• Well, of course, Pocket God.

*ahem*....You KNOW you like Pocket God!

• @StrongBadinator said: Well, of course, Pocket God.

*ahem*....You KNOW you like Pocket God!

YOU KNOW YOU LIKE POCKET GOD!!!!!1!!!one!!1!!!

I would be playing The Last Resort, but my Lappy's graffix are being dead. Also, Rhythm Heaven, Drawn to Life, and Defend your Castle.

I am waiting for: Sam and Max: Through Time and Space, The Last Resort (see above), and I'ma rent Professor Layton soon.

Oh, and of *course* Pocket God.

• Pocket God, Doodle Jump, and Jelly Car.

• @Weeblerjake said: Pocket God, Doodle Jump...

Ah, yes, I forgot about good ol' Doodle Jump. That too.

• I'm using the PG easter egg on that too. :P

I suggest trying Jelly Car. It's so freakin' addicting.

• Dead Space: Picked this up a while ago (was only £15), only just started it last night, really enjoying it so far, the lack of direct hud helps build atmosphere. I would recommend this to any gamer who is a fan of the survival horror genre (in particular resident evil 4). While it isn't the best game ever it goes to show how much EA have improved recently along with other recent titles such as mirrors edge and others.

Add Comment