Menu
User Avatar Image

Previews

posted by moskow603 on - last edited - Viewed by 310 users

I bought the series today and beat it after about 3-4 hours, and I was surprised to see that there wasn't a preview to the next episode, similar to SBCG4AP. I know that they have a whole season preview for Wallace and Gromit, but come on. The least you could do is put an "On the next episode of Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures....".

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

Since this got bumped, I'll go ahead and throw in my 2 cents.
    As lead designer of SBCG4AP, and can safely say that an overarching plot was never our goal. We wanted to treat the series as if it were a sitcom, with new stories taking place each episode within the same general areas. As with every good sitcom, we made sure to reference things that happened in past episodes as well as plant tiny seeds for events we knew would happen in the future (Arrested Development does a GREAT job of doing that!)

So yeah, don't call it an overarching plat because it clearly wasn't and it was never meant to be. This is also why the previews we especially important for that series.

That is what we were talking about, right? Sorry, I get distracted easily.

...Oooh, shiny thing...

• I'd also say it'd be easier to do recaps for SBCG4AP - all the clips have to take place in the same location or there'd be loading screens between them - so for example, in the preview for Dangeresque 3, all the events are in the field, even when they take place somewhere else in the actual game. SBCG4AP has fewer, larger locations (an entire house and its surroundings are one "room" for example) while Wallace and Gromit has loads and loads of seperate locations, but they're much smaller (Lounge, hallway, dining room, kitchen, Wallace's room, basement, front garden and back garden all seperate "rooms"). If something similar to the Sam and Max Season One credits was done (where all the locations are combined and compressed into one) it might work, but it wouldn't look as good (the shelves behind Bosco are just textured on!)

• i noticed at the end of The Last Resort Monty Muzzle walking by putting a flyer on wallace and gromit's gate. this looked like some kind of preview. will something similar be done at the end of Muzzled!

• i did notice that
    btw there aren't THAT many areas in W&G
    Theres definitely more areas in SBCG4AP so idk what you are talking about

• @W&G156 said: i noticed at the end of The Last Resort Monty Muzzle walking by putting a flyer on wallace and gromit's gate. this looked like some kind of preview. will something similar be done at the end of Muzzled!

Well the preview was short, and it only had the front yard in it, only one area.

• It was the same yard from "The last resort"... The only "new" things in the "teaser" was that poster and the character who posted it (Monty Muzzle I assume).

• to be honest, i dont think that there will be many more places added
    i mean, they barely added anything to this one
    A living room and that was it, seriously???
    How bout Mr. Panner's store, Ms. Flitts house, the jail, or even the garage

Add Comment