User Avatar Image

Wallace & Gromit in The Last Resort - Now available to download!

posted by TelltaleTool on - last edited - Viewed by 553 users

If you're a season owner, we're sending out the emails right now, but you can get a head start and start downloading at http://www.telltalegames.com/download/thelastresort

If you haven't gotten on board yet, you can still pick up the season at http://www.telltalegames.com/store/wallaceandgromitsgrandadventures and play the first two episodes!

47 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Really excellent stuff. The presentation in the Wallace & Gromit episodes is superb, and it's really feeling more and more like playing a movie or an episode of the TV show. I loved that pan around the table at the beginning of chapter 3.

• @Kingsley said: And there I was, minding my own business, trying to make the news lady happy, looking for cues for Wallace by hovering over random detritus in the scene*, when lo, I happened to be hovering over this (attached) as my girlfriend chanced to glance over my shoulder as she passed. Her comment was, "Well, yeah. Do it. That would cheer the old lady up."

* A really fun puzzle, makes me feel like I am guiding an ADHD kid/narcoleptic through a conversation that they are not very interested in/keep dozing away during. I imagine myself in the scene pointing at a cheese with a fat mickey mouse glove and coughing conspicuously. Then Wallace blinks thrice, looks confusedly at the lady, then at the cheese, and says "Uhh... it's, um, a smelly cheese!" And it just happens to make sense in the context (like some sort of heir to the insult sword-fighting puzzle); the old lady takes it as a coherent answer to her question, but Wallace seems no wiser as to what may have just happend, or how the puzzle was solved through him. He just looks around confused, but glad that somebody is on top of things.

haha

• I must say, Jared's work was very good but I never really noticed it until this episode, the music is awesome, from intro to the end, it captured my attention, my favorite one is in the final scene. Superb job Jared!

• I can't get the chase tune from FotB out of my head :( And the second episode is equally awesome in that regard, the main theme and the variation of Major Crum's theme are great. If the quailty remains this good for the last episodes I may end up liking it better than Sam & Max's :D

• @LittleBuddy said: The variation of Major Crum's theme are great. If the quailty remains this good for the last episodes I may end up liking it better than Sam & Max's :D

Oh, how could I forgot Major Crum's theme variation, though Sam and Max will always have a place in my heart!

• I liked Fright of the Bumblebees, but my gosh, I LOVED LOVED LOVED The Last Resort. Thank you, Telltale. Thank you. :D

• i have not played wallace and gromit's grand adventures yet so i want to know something. what exactly can you do after you complete an episode. is there an extended play like SBCG4AP.

P.S when will we get screenshots and gameplay of Episode 3:Muzzled!

• There's an ongoing battle between grandfather and granddaughter to play W&G, the trouble we have is using the bookmarks in any meaningful way. Ideally, some for of 2-player marker that allows each player to progress at thier own rate. Which is a real pain for the person who is in front, and knows all the answers (well, to speed up the catchup). How do others do it to allow two players to successfully navigate their wa round W&G's universe?

Oh, and as everyne else has noted, the quality of the graphics and music is just stunning, I hope it becomes a runaway success....

• Since the savegames seem to be stored on a per user basis, just run the game under a different windows account.

• @Buzby said: There's an ongoing battle between grandfather and granddaughter to play W&G, the trouble we have is using the bookmarks in any meaningful way. Ideally, some for of 2-player marker that allows each player to progress at thier own rate. Which is a real pain for the person who is in front, and knows all the answers (well, to speed up the catchup). How do others do it to allow two players to successfully navigate their wa round W&G's universe?

Oh, and as everyne else has noted, the quality of the graphics and music is just stunning, I hope it becomes a runaway success....

One person can play on Bookmark 1 and one person can play on Bookmark 2 -- bookmarks are just traditional savegames. Just be sure, like a regular old savegame, to actually save to that bookmark before you quit.

Add Comment