User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.2K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • When are we going to hear some samples of Michael Land's work for the new series? I think the trailer just used music from 3 and 4, so I'm REALLY looking forward to get some new MI-music AT LAST. Furthermore, with you guys releasing soundtracks for all your game-series, this (hopefully) appears to be the first officially released "Monkey Island"-soundtrack, which makes me drooooooool...

(Although today's double MI-news made me drool since then anyway...)

• Thank you Telltale... This is the best E3 present ever. I preordered before I finished reading the announcement.

• @Bagge said:
    3: How will TMI deal with some of the controversies from EMI (such as Herman being Elaine's father and the stone monkey head on Monkey Island being a huge robot)? Will this be treated as canon, or will you silently ignore these things?

Ooh, good question.

Um... are we allowed to ask whether the Secret of Monkey Island will be revealed? :D

• I'll skip the gushing and go straight to the questions. (this is of course, very difficult, as all I've been doing since I've read the announcement is gush)

(1) Will the Wii see a disc release for the season like Sam & Max did? I've already pre-ordered for the PC (obviously) but I'd be willing to double-dip if I can get a disc for the Wii.

(2) I know that this is something that's probably going to be laughed off since season one hasn't even began, but is there a chance for Season Two or is the license deal just for one season?

(3) Will each individual episode function like the Sam & Max seasons where each episode is relatively self-sufficient but works together to form an overarching story, or like the individual chapters in the Monkey Island games where each chapter needs the one before it to inform what is happening in it?

• Is Murray (the demonic skull) going to make an appearance?

• I'm sorry, just, right up front, I need to let this out:

OMGOMGZOMGOMFGWTFHOLYCRUD!!!111!!1!!1!! (And I usually NEVER use internet acronyms...)

Right. Questions... questions... I realize that in the coming months you'll probably be sick of various "Will we be seeing such-and-such make a return from the previous games"-questions, but I just have one, really.

Insult swordfighting, yes?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG---

• OK, why don't you guys just take ALL my money, and then you can just send me whatever you release in the future upfront. Really. No need to convince me anymore.

• I just want to know if these games will contain the Ron Gilbert-endorsed Secret of Monkey Island(tm)!

• @DoubtedEdwardo said: I just want to know if these games will contain the Ron Gilbert-endorsed Secret of Monkey Island(tm)!

Though they might be Ron Gilbert-endorsed, they won't contain the Secret of Monkey Island. Unless we put it in by accident. :) There's going to be some good stuff in here, though, for people who have been following these characters for all this time.

• @Jake said: ...we put it in...

Oh really? CONCLUSIONS HAVE BEEN JUMPED TO!

Add Comment