User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 11K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Putting it in by accident, heh? Are you suggesting you'll hide it somewhere we could find it by a hex editor, or are you just trying to get people to waste the rest of their life on that? :)

Also, congratulations and thanks a lot for the hard work! I've only got one real question: can you reveal whether you got the license for only one game, or did you purchase it in advance for multiple ones? ;)

• You and Lucas Arts made my day. Thank you for that. And by the way: I want an iPhone version (for everey MI part)! ;)

• @Erwin said: The only thing I'm wondering at the moment is how on earth you managed to keep this quiet for so long.

This. You guys have clearly been working on this for awhile, and the first episode is out in July. How did Tales of MI manage to be the best kept secret in the industry?

• @Udvarnoky said: This. You guys have clearly been working on this for awhile, and the first episode is out in July. How did Tales of MI manage to be the best kept secret in the industry?

It turns out that a surprising number of people seemed to know about it, but everyone was into the idea of keeping it a secret, so they did. It's pretty cool to be able to announce a new Monkey Island game which will start coming out in only ~36 days.

• @Jake said: It turns out that a surprising number of people seemed to know about it, but everyone was into the idea of keeping it a secret, so they did. It's pretty cool to be able to announce a new Monkey Island game which will start coming out in only ~36 days.

THAT's the secret of monkey island.

• @Winther said: I'm sorry, just, right up front, I need to let this out:

OMGOMGZOMGOMFGWTFHOLYCRUD!!!111!!1!!1!! (And I usually NEVER use internet acronyms...)

What he said.

Anyway, is the control style of this one be like the old Sam & Max or the new Wallace & Gromit? I'm not a big fan of the new WASD control style but it's not like I won't buy the game or anything (proof, I'm here already).

• @Jake said: It turns out that a surprising number of people seemed to know about it, but everyone was into the idea of keeping it a secret, so they did. It's pretty cool to be able to announce a new Monkey Island game which will start coming out in only ~36 days.

This is definitely a moment that needs a timer. Ya'll should consider putting a countdown timer on the website.

• @Nojh said: This is definitely a moment that needs a timer. Ya'll should consider putting a countdown timer on the website.

Hopefully we will :)

• I know you've said you've got Ron Gilbert's input on the story, but did he contribute any plot ideas himself?

Might we find out how he originally intended to resolve the cliffhanger at the end of MI2? Do you know?

• I have a couple of questions I'm pretty sure I won't have an answer to ^^ no matter, I'm cheeky.

1) Are you hiring programmers from overseas? I am one. I am toilet trained. And I'd like working on Monkey Island series, very much so. Or Sam & Max. Or anything you guys do, really.

2) I've lost my previous job due to some dubious moves from Lucas Arts, as a publisher. Aren't you afraid of working with them, knowing they're very good at ending abruptly some very well going and sometimes massively big projects? (Yeah... I doubt I'll have an answer to that question, there might be journalists about)

3) Will we have a bit of 320x200, 16 colours, full 2D moment in one of the episodes of the game? For old times sake?
    Or more simply, in this bit in The Curse Of Monkey Island, when Guybrush looks through a hole in the ceiling of a cave (or similar, fading memories you see...) and says "Whoa, you should see that, full realistic 3D". Now, in one of the new 3D episodes, we could see the 2D head of an old-style guybrush popping out of the ground saying that same thing again. A little wink to the old fan(rt)s.

Cheers!

Add Comment