User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wow, lotsa questions!

I'm a little tied up at the moment, but later tonight I'll check in and see if I can knock off a bunch of these.

It's great to hear you guys are excited!

• Yaaay Dominic is back!

I Just saw the Special Edition promo video and i think it's awesome that you are a fan of the series just like David Hayter (Solid Snake) is a huge fan of Metal Gear Solid.

Anyway i would also really like to hear which Monkey Island game you prefer and also how it was to go back to the original classic and work on that.

Again thanks a lot for returning to Monkey Island :)

• Excited isn't the word I would say here but I am VERY happy that Monkey Island is not only coming back but from what I read is true then Point and Click games are coming back in style.

• Hi Dominic! I'm so glad that you joined the Telltale team to make these games!!!

• Hey Dominic, glad to see you're back on board for this one. Wouldn't have been the same without you :)

• @Dmnkly said: It's great to hear you guys are excited!

Dominic, I've been neglecting my work and sending non-stop E-mails and text messages to anyone I know that might care (and even if they don't... f' 'em!) for the past hour straight. The fact that you're involved is like perfection for a game that should have happened years ago.

• My question:

When you were originally cast as Guybrush for Curse oh so many years ago... Did you ever expect the series to have such a devoted (perhaps even rabid) fanbase?

It always seemed to me while growing up that not a lot of people I knew, had any clue about the Monkey Island series and the excellent and charming PC gaming that it was.

I look foward to being able to talk about Monkey Island and not receive blank stares or what? huh? What secret of what?

• Hi Dominic, Glad to see you've returned to Monkey Island. It would not have been the same without you!

My question for you is. What is your favorite Monkey Island scene or gag. If I had to pick, I probably have to go with all of the Guybrush and Murray scenes. Those 2 are just awesome together.

• Dom, are you as hot as Guybrush is?

• It'll be good to hear you say, "I'm Guybrush Threepwood, a mighty pirate!" again. I won't bug you with questions, since you've got quite a lot to sift through, but I will say I'm glad you're back. A new Monkey Island wouldn't be the same without you.

Add Comment