User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 11K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • My question is, why did it take so long for the e-mail announcement to get to my inbox? I could have pre-ordered hours ago. In 27 years of gaming, this is the first time I've ever pre-ordered something. I'm a wait and see kind of guy, always looking out for a good deal. But screw my frugality when it comes to MI. Less than 24 hours ago I posted a comment on another forum stating that LucasArts should give the rights to Monkey Island to Telltale so they could bring it to a younger generation. I really need to start posting things like that more often because apparently I'm magic.

LucasArts should give Telltale the rights to Maniac Mansion...*looks around, fingers crossed*

Is this going to be set far after the original games, parallel to them, in between them, etc.?

Why will no one answer the question about the interface? That seems like a pretty critical part of the game. Did you decide not to go mouse-only and you're concerned we're all going to lash out? Probably wise of you not to mention it if that's the case.

Will there be combinable inventory?

What of Gary Coleman?

• User Avatar Image
    Shauntron Telltale Staff

@Erwin said: The only thing I'm wondering at the moment is how on earth you managed to keep this quiet for so long.

We had to learn free-running to transport sensitive data away from prying eyes... I am EXHAUSTED at the end of the day.

But seriously, it's easier for smaller companies to keep secrets, and we only had to keep it for a little over half a year. We also had plenty of other projects to talk about in the meantime. If a sole secret company project has been in development for 3 years, your friends and family start to wonder what exactly it is you do, and that's when people let things slip.

• AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Uh, ?. That's a question. Totally.

• One week ago, I was thinking about that. "It would be so great to have new Guybrush's adventures created by Telltale games. They did 2 (3 soon) Sam and Max season, they're great and successful, so They HAVE to do Monkey Island return!"

And you did. Telltale games, I love you.

I've got some questions:

1-How much episodes are done for now? Is everything near complete and you just have to fix little issues, or for instance, the 5th episode is not finished at all?

2- Do you think you're going to go on with Monkey Island, like you did with Sam and Max?

3- How much Ron Gilbert helped you on this project?

Thanks again Telltale and I've a idea for your next project: Night of the tentacle :)

• @Joe Newberry said:
    LucasArts should give Telltale the rights to Maniac Mansion...*looks around, fingers crossed*

OMG... I think if they made an episodic Day of the Tentacle followup, I'd ... hmm, I don't know what I'd do exactly.

• My only question:

Why is it that Telltale's website and e-mail communiques are overflowing with personality and humor when every other game company and online merchant thinks they have to be completely businesslike?

Seriously, I crack up every time I get the order confirmation e-mail: "We love you. Why? You bought some stuff!"

• Telltale is the one company in the world I would trust to do this right. Thanks for bein' you.

• Since its been confirmed that this series will be more serialized compared to Sam and Max and Strong Bad, will we be seeing more unique locations in each episode rather than having the same places to explore with only a few new locations added.

• Whoo! Can't wait. I thought something was up when I saw tweets saying some of you guys had to come if over the weekend to work on and unannounced project, Now I know! WHOO!

How did you guys convince them to let you do it?

• Cool, a private forum

Well first of all, thank you, thank you, thank you, will you marry me? and thank you!

Anyway, I found it funny that the look of Guybrush looks like his MI2 outfit. Over the years, most of the Monkey Island 5 fanart and fanfic featured a MI2-looking Guybrush, even including the beard. Paco Vink even did the april fools fake MI5 cover like that.

I bet this is not a coincidence is it? :)

Add Comment