User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.9K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Its good to see you back Dom! What was your initial reaction when you learned you would be voicing good old Guybrush again?

• @LuigiHann said: What's your username mean? "Demon Kelly?" Ominous! I like that your custom title is "Dominic Armato," though. That keeps things unambiguous :D

Dmnkly = greatest user name ever. Wish I'd thought of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "dmnkly" is one of the nonsense lines that you can make guybrush say when he's first talking to Elaine in The Secret of Monkey Island.

I'm so stoked for this game. It seems so unreal.

• Dominic - this is amazing!!!! I can't believe that they've made new Monkey Island!!! Every few months for the past few years I've been hoping for this. I'm especially glad that you are back as Guybrush! You perfected that internal voice I gave him in the first two games.

My question: what IS the Secret of Monkey Island? ;)

• Mr. Armato, I would first just like to say that you are Guybrush Threepwood, to me. I am so happy that you are part of both of these projects. It wouldn't feel like Monkey Island without you.
    Now here are my questions: Will you be coming to PAX, and if you will be coming, will you be signing things? Did you grow the beard to help you feel more piratey, or are you just all pirate, all the time?
    And finally, Domo Arigato, Mr. Armato. Himitsu wo shiritai ... about monkeys. (Please forgive me for quoting Styx, but I couldn't resist.)

• Hi, Dominic.
    Your surname is Armato.
    Is your real name Domenico?
    You know, my name's Domenico. :D

• June 3rd is my birthday of 44 years and Telltale delivered a birthday wish (it took a little while but it came true!!!)

Glad to have you back Dominic and to have brought everyones pirate back with you! :-)

aarr arrr :-)

• Hey, Dominic. It's great to have you back. It wouldn't be Monkey island without you.

How long did it take you to record all the lines? When did you first catch wind of it?

• Mr. Armato, that you are reprising your role in the new Monkey Island games has got to be the highlight of my day, and quite possibly my week! When the original Monkey Island games came out I was sadly limited to consoles (my parents having been very strict about not letting me use my PC for games). I have since found this wonderful series, and today when I got the email informing me of this new legacy my heart nearly stopped! I'm so excited! I missed out on the original and now I can take part of this wonderful series.

• I just would like to point out how absolutely thrilled I am for the return of Monkey Island. And hope that it will keep going for a long time forward.

Cheers!

- Mromson

• Another person here who worried straight away if you were going to be on board or not. I'm so glad you're back! My question is whether or not there was ever any question if you were coming back or not?

Add Comment