User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 12.4K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is like a dream come true! More Monkey Island!
    On to the questions though:
    -Will you be allowed use the original Theme or a variation of it? It's really iconic in my eyes and I would miss it a lot....

-How much of the in jokes will I miss out on, having never played "escape from monkey island"?

-Will the score be released on cd like it did with Sam&Max?

-Will we be able to combine items in the inventory again, to satisfy our need for more challenging puzzles?

-When will we get to see a Trailer? I need more input on this soon *drools* ... sorry!

Ok thats it for now!

• This is a question everybody is asking; is Earl Boen reprising LeChuck? It doesn't sound like him but in the gamespot interview with the guys from the SMI:Special Edition, they confirm he's in their game doing the voice

• User Avatar Image
    DanH Telltale Staff

@dancon said: Wow there are a lot of questions here..Before I answer anything, I just want to say Thank You for pre ordering Tales of Monkey Island, and for all of the support.

As far as how we kept it quiet, I think part of it was the rumor had gone on for so long that nobody believed anything they heard, until it was official.

Its a great day for Telltale and we are happy to finally be able to announce this.

Looks like Dan forgot to mention how we all got tracking chips that would shock us every time we said the words "Guybrush", "Threepwood" or "Le Chuck". The chip would often misfire with the last one, so Chuck Jordan got the silent treatment from the Monkey team until we had all been properly trained. We also avoided French restaurants.

• Also, this probably isn't something you'd share with the preordering public, but personally, I'd be incredibly interested in finding out just how many preorders you guys get for this in the next week. After all, this is the adventure game series, the one which us fans have been asking for someone to resurrect for ages, so by all rights, we should be all over this like leather on a jacket. Here's hoping the numbers are good enough that Lucasarts hands you guys a whole boatful of cash to give the next season a more 2D- Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!

• @Jon said: The technical term is a 'rope sack', and it goes back further than s&m.

Rope sack and S & M...... Avoiding the jokes that come to mind.

• @Jon said: The technical term is a 'rope sack', and it goes back further than s&m.

Yes, but you have to admit, it's s&m that really popularized that usage of rope.

Wait, are we talking about the same thing?

• I remember reading a long time ago, that Ron Gilbert had originally planned Monkey Island to be a trilogy, but that his story for #3 wasn't the one used in the actual game.

Is this true, and if it is, where does the story in this one pick up?

Is it a continuation of Gilberts story from the bizarre ending to #2, or is it just a game set in the world of monkey island?

I'm dying to know! I'm so excited that I just can't hide it!

Also, I'm pretty certain Guybrush punches Leonard Steakcharmer in the trailer, or perhaps one of his ancestors.

• @eskimo said: where does the story in this one pick up?

Is it a continuation of Gilberts story from the bizarre ending to #2, or is it just a game set in the world of monkey island?

I assume that it takes place at the earliest after the end of CoMI, seeing as how Guybrush refers to Elaine as his WIFE.

• @Paine said: I assume that it takes place at the earliest after the end of CoMI, seeing as how Guybrush refers to Elaine as his WIFE.

I guess so, I hadn't seen the trailer yet. Got so excited I completely skipped it and went straight into the "doing panicky things in an attempt to get my jaw back off the floor" mode.

Add Comment