User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 12.4K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Quick question; Will I be able to play all the episodes with just my Mouse? (As in; no requirement for a Keyboard, unless I choose to)

• Now that you guys are on speaking terms with LucasArts, is there any more chance of Hit the Road continuity in future Sam & Max episodes? I'm not a big fan of rehashing old plot points, but to give an example I've used before: when Sam and Max visit Hell and see that previous villains are all employed there, that would have be a cute place for a cameo from HtR's villains. In case there's ever a situation like that again. Or a Snuckey's.

• User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff

@rdhiggins said: Is it July yet????

I believe I can answer this one.

No.

• All I can say is a heart-felt "thank you".

• User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff

@S3BR4 said: This is like a dream come true! More Monkey Island!
    On to the questions though:
    -How much of the in jokes will I miss out on, having never played "escape from monkey island"?

-Will we be able to combine items in the inventory again, to satisfy our need for more challenging puzzles?

There are some "in" jokes, but chances are they're just sail over virgin monkey islander's heads. thats right... i said it. and as the series goes on, you'll start to be part of the in crowd. soon, you'll be referencing that moment when guybrush is on the beach in episode 3 and he's all "HEY ELAI..." err... shhhh

And YES! There will be inventory combination! WOO!

• I must also ask if Murray will appear in the game. I was sort of a late comer to the MI series because I saw a friend play CMI, seeing Murray I ran instantly to buy CMI, bckplayed 1 and 2, and got EMI when it hit and (obviously) pre ordered this one the second I saw it! Please tell me Murray's going to continue to annoy (but otherwise be no issue) Guybrush. Those two together are awesome.

• I satrted playing MI on my Amiga 500 and MI was the game that leaded me to buy a memory extention at that time. MI tune is my ringtone since about '99 so yes when I saw the news this morning , I thought it's the best day of my life (just after my wedding of course). Can't wait to get my hands on the first episode.

Hope you'll make another seasons then.

By the way,

1- Will you release the game with French subtitles (I want to keep Dominic's voice as he's Guylbruch after all)?

2- Will you keep the old good sword fight game or have you foresseen another concept?

3- I know it has been asked already but I didn't found the answear: Will Stan and Murray be back? Or generally, Which good old friends will we met?

Thanks,
    Stan :)

• How come Chuck Jordan isn't working on the Monkey Island series?

• To the team:
    When did work on Tales of Monkey Island first start?

• I also preordered before finishing to read the announcement... I'm SO excited!!!!

And apart from like a thousand questions that will come to mind when I finish realising how GREAT this is... I have an easy one: will there be other languages included? I guess the voices will be English only, but is it going to have Spanish subtitles?

If you need someone for the Spanish translations, I would be more than willing to help... in fact, I would LOVE to help... really... please let me help!!! :)

A big thank you for resurrecting the best game ever!

Add Comment