User Avatar Image

is earl boen in tomi?

posted by jadekitten5425 on - last edited - Viewed by 402 users

i know he's back in SoMI:SE

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I hope he is. No one could voice LeChuck like him. I'm glad they got Dominic Armatio but you need Earl Boen for LeChuck.

• Well, it could be him in the trailer... not sure.

We're still waiting for a response to this question in the Ask the Dev Team thread on the private forum.

• That'd be nice, but his voice in the trailer really didn't sound the same.

• Isn't he doing the voice for LeChuck in SOMI:SE? If so, why not Tales...?

• I agree to the fact that LeChuck's voice sounded a bit off. I hope Earl Boen will do the voice, but he has not done much voice acting since his wife died in 2002. So I can wholly understand if Earl does not feel up to it.
    Still the voice of LeChuck in the trailer does not seem that far off, so I probably won't mind much.

• @War-overlord said: I agree to the fact that LeChuck's voice sounded a bit off. I hope Earl Boen will do the voice, but he has not done much voice acting since his wife died in 2002. So I can wholly understand if Earl does not feel up to it.
    Still the voice of LeChuck in the trailer does not seem that far off, so I probably won't mind much.

Well, he is doing the voice for LeChuck in the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition. You can hear him in this clip, posted by Adventure Gamers over on Youtube.

• I wonder if Telltale aren't answering this question because they aren't sure yet. Maybe he hasn't decided? I'm guessing they tried either way, and I'm sure if they don't get him, they'll get as good a replacement, just like Sam in Sam and Max, who has become my favourite take on the character.

• @OutlawJim said: I wonder if Telltale aren't answering this question because they aren't sure yet. Maybe he hasn't decided? I'm guessing they tried either way, and I'm sure if they don't get him, they'll get as good a replacement, just like Sam in Sam and Max, who has become my favourite take on the character.

It seem strange that he'd agree to do the remake, then not do the sequel coming out at the same time...

I HAVE noticed that, in every mention of voices returning from the previous games, LeChuck is never mentioned; only Guybrush and Elaine are.

• Not sure why it hasn't been addressed in this thread, but...

@Emily said: Earl Boen is not in Tales of Monkey Island.

• @LuigiHann said: Not sure why it hasn't been addressed in this thread, but...

I just saw the thread that was in and was just wandering back here to mention it. :/

Add Comment