User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 7.8K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @plagiarize said: VERY sensible question: since you were inside my head doing the voice of Guybrush when I played the first two in the early nineties, at one time did you become corporeal and take on the form of Dominic Armato?

Aw heck, this was my question.

• I've got a good one (at least to my low standards):

Back in the days, when I played Monkey Island with my friends, we used to read the different parts out loud during playing. Did you do that too? Isn't it kind of surreal now? Okay, maybe it wasn't a "good one" after all. Still I wish LucasArts had payed me for doing it.

• When you found out about the new projects, were you more excited about playing more Monkey Island or performing in more Monkey Island?

• Hey Dom!
    TMI is the first game i have ever pre-ordered and i know i won't be disappointed. I was Angry Ghostbusters got pushed back in Europe, But now i'll have a BETTER game to play while i wait! Screw Sony and their timed exclusives... :p

*Bamf* huh? X-men fan by any chance?
    Ok question time... Whats your farourite comic book series (if you read them. I'm just guessing)?

• Hey Dom! I'm so glad to have you and the MI back! It's still one of my favorite series!

My question's not really MI related. I'm curious about how you became a foodie. Did you just watch too much Food Network (like me) and end up picking it up, or was there some particular dish/restaurant that kind of "opened your eyes" to the foodie world?

• I don't have any questions, but good to have you back, Threepwood! Been a lot of years, and happy to see you here. (Please tell me if Murray will return *begs*)

• Hey Dom! Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.
    My one is quite simple: do you usually get the lines recorded on first take?

• This is a 'hard' question: How much (3p)wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck (3p)wood?

Continuing: You say booze helped you when time was rough, would it be wrong to presume you combined it with ?

• Yay for secret piratey forums \o/

Anyway...

First off: Glad to have you back Dom :)

Second of: Nagging questions,

1) Is there any particular puzzle in the MI series that still haunts you in your sleep for whatever reason?

2) Which Guybrush design is your favourite?

3) Do you like pudding?

5) What happened to question number 4?

6) Is that a three-headed Monkey?

7) Speaking of which, do you have a three headed monkey doll?

You don't need to answer all of that, obviously :P

• Have you ever heard of Bobin Threadbare?

(that moment in CoMI cracked me up something good)

Add Comment