User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey Dom, glad you're back! As you are the voice of the main character do you get an advanced copy of the game (if so could you leak it to me, it should be fine as I've already preordered it), or do you have to wait like the rest of us?

• @Dmnkly said: [QUOTE=MystMonkey;127130]- Do you ever accidentally do Guybrush's voice in everyday conversation?

Not so much. But my natural voice is close enough to his that I'm sure there's plenty of stuff that could easily be him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer!! So basically, if you had been answering out loud as you typed it (a perfectly normal thing to do, I assure you!), it *could* have sounded like Guybrush was talking to me! :D :D

I'm not crazy... really...just a little light on oxygen on account of this great MI news :)

• why hello thaar dominic :>

is tales of monkey island the official MI5 in the series.

or is it just a so called extra since it is a series in itself.

and if it's not the official part 5. when will we see a MI5 game.

// teh fan from sweden =D

o btw, gimme a signed t-shirt so i can brag to my friends :P

• So very nice to read MI has been resurrected AND the original voice for Guybrush is back!
    @Laserschwert said: Back in the days, when I played Monkey Island with my friends, we used to read the different parts out loud during playing.
    Only played it by my own, but yeah, I sure did that too.

• @Ne0n said: This is a 'hard' question: How much (3p)wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck (3p)wood?

Continuing: You say booze helped you when time was rough, would it be wrong to presume you combined it with ?

I think the label clearly states we shouldn't combine booze with Head-B-Clear.

I got 0 of 300 points.

• Hey Dom,

When do you start recording voice work for Monkey Island 2?????

• I suppose the real question is - will there be a remake of Monkey Island 2? :D

• @Mromson said: I suppose the real question is - will there be a remake of Monkey Island 2? :D

I can answer that one! If LucreArts thinks there's money in it... and if the first remake sells well, you bet they will!

• Great to see that you're back as the voice to GuyBrush...

Maybe we can bug you now to record lines for us to use as ringtones awell? :p

• Besides the Monkey Island series, what are your favorite video games from adventure to RPG to FPS and more?

In addition, what do you think of Telltale's previous games, such as Sam & Max?

Add Comment