User Avatar Image

The adventure begins... at E3!

posted by Emily on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

This week, several members of our team will be at E3 showing off Tales of Monkey Island, giving interviews, and subsisting on candy bars from the vending machine when the lunch lines turn out to be too long having a grand old time. And as a Tales of Monkey Island preorderer, we're going to let you in on the joys of being at E3 -- just like you were here with us!

Not sure what the web access will be like at the show, but we'll try to check in each day and let you guys know how it's going and where to look for Tales of Monkey Island coverage. I'll kick it off by saying that after a mostly uneventful flight, I arrived in LA and checked in to the hotel to find six boxes of Tales of Monkey Island buttons waiting for me. And that's only half the stash! The rest will be arriving tomorrow. We'll be handing them out at the show - hopefully in an amusing fashion. Watch later this week for pictures. 'Til then, here's a shot of the buttons, to tide you over...

monkey_buttons.jpg

I'm off to find some lunch (fully recognizing that this could be my last real meal for a week), then heading to the convention center to get our booth set up. First interview's tonight, with Adventure Gamers, then the show officially opens tomorrow!

249 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Question: Will the Monkey Island 5 DVD include MI5 .mp3 music? :) Especially the main theme song. ;)

• pre-ordered the moment I got the mail (it's slow sometimes).
    'buttons, buttons, buttons':p

• You should send a/some free button's to people who prepaid.

I assume the DVD we are getting (yet still paying shipping on) only contains all 5 episodes contained on one disc, which of course we will already have in our computers anyway.

• @Seepgood said: I didn't even read about the extras in the pre-order. I remember seeing the words Monkey Island, Telltale, and Pre-order and the next thing I can remember is breathing heavily looking at the post orderiong screen.

"Exactly" what I did. I don't think I even knew at the moment how much I was being charged , either. When I regained my consciousness, I saw a credit card clenched in my sweaty palm and the order confirmation screen on my monitor, to which I exclaimed through my almost dying breath, "'twas not a dream."

• @fire2box said: You should send a/some free button's to people who prepaid.

I assume the DVD we are getting (yet still paying shipping on) only contains all 5 episodes contained on one disc, which of course we will already have in our computers anyway.

No...there'll be bonus stuff! Without a doubt, wait & see and then agree with me

• [quote]Stopped by your cubicle at E3 but sadly the door was closed and I left buttonless. :'([/quote]

Yeah, as Jake said, our E3 room is really just a meeting room, intended to be more practical than flashy (and thanks for not just barging in... a few people did that today, which was awkward).

There should have been pirates afoot near the doors leading into the West hall Expo floor, handing out buttons. They'll be back tomorrow. Failing that, check back on the hour or half hour and you might be able to catch us with the door open. Or slide a note under the door. That could be fun. :D

We had a long and fruitful day at the show. Met with lots of press -- so many their names are jumbling together in my head. Not sure if any have posted their impressions yet. Got some pictures too, and will post them in a thread in a bit, but first Lindsay and Dave and I need to find some food, before we shrivel up into hungry little husks. Hoping to eat non-Japanese tonight... which might be tricky, since our hotel is smack dab in the middle of "Little Toyko".

• @backslash said: No...there'll be bonus stuff! Without a doubt, wait & see and then agree with me

I never bought any TellTale game before this so I had no idea they threw added stuff into the DVD. I still want a pin though. :(

• User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff

yea! Those buttons ARE awesome! save me some!

• @Janus Nielsen said: The LucasARt store sell a limited number of buttons, i bought some to join all the other swag :) And they ship worldwide, not cheap though, had ot pay like 58$ for 2 tshirts, the poster and buttons.

US$29 p&h for a bunch of buttons alone? That's highway robbery! Its because they only have express Fedex, no UPS standard rates. It'd be easier to just make my own buttons, with blackjack, and hookers!

• User Avatar Image
    Lindsay Telltale Staff

The lights! The music! The beautiful people! It's Vegas for gamers. Monkey Island is on the way. To celebrate, we brought in some resident pirates to get people excited and pass out our lovely buttons.

pirates.jpg

They've been a huge hit, insult sword fighting and creating overall pirate mayhem. In addition, we have a big sign at the entrance to the West Hall. Even though we love the sign (and we love Gary who created the sign for us) we won't be taking it home so it will be looking for a forever home after E3. Anyone who is either at E3, or in the LA area who wants it...send us something that screams Monkey Island and it's yours! Of course, it's also possible that we will just give it to the first inquiry. You can reach me at lspeth@telltalegames.com.

poster.jpg

I was in the LucasArt booth most of the day, showing off our awesome game to enthusiasts. BTW, security is fierce there, they actually have storm troopers guarding the entrances.

Here is a picture of Kevin checking out the LucasArts remake.

kevin_somi.jpg

In any case, LucasArts is excited, we're excited, fans are excited. It's just good times all around.

Add Comment