User Avatar Image

Sam and Max in europe

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 614 users

Europeans cant subscribe to gametab, what are our options? sorry if its been asked before!

15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Hi everyone,

We are still working this out, but there will not be a long delay between the premiere on Gametap and launch on Telltale. I will let you know as soon as this is nailed down.

but our goal is be as unsucky as possible

Dan

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yeah that wait is gonna kill me.. Dan will there be a demo for the pilot?

• A demo for a two hour game? You could try it for free on Gametap though by signing up and canceling before your two weeks are over.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

I've been waiting since '93, I can wait a few more weeks until the non-gametap release. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Shame! - I'm curious though; if GameTap isn’t available outside North America - Why does there need to be a delay for the other regions? - It's not like it would compete with GameTaps income? (& won’t it encourage Piracy?).

I'm not complaining (too old to worry about getting stuff on it's release date - too slow these days too), just curious.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Because it's hard to restrict direct download sales on the Internet to specific countries.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Don't credit card sales generally require a billing address for confirmation? I remember Play.com not letting me order stuff with an Australian credit card.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]Because it's hard to restrict direct download sales on the Internet to specific countries.[/quote]

I think it's fairly easy - a lot of bigger commercial sites have a generic .com addy which automatically re-direct you to the relevant regional site? - I reckon they didn’t know the source, how could the data packets get from the websites server back to your PC?

& like JunkFace says - How many Americans have credit cards registered outside the country?

I don't want it to appear that I'm throwing a hissy fit over this - It's just a video game after all. I'd guess it may well have just been part of their agreement with GameTap?

Is GameTap cheaper than Steam?

I was just at Introversion’s website and reading about how they did really well selling Darwinia through Steam - Sold more copies in three weeks through steam than they did after nine months of selling from their website apparently? (Hey, I'm at work and bored - gimme a break :) )

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Yeah, and as they said the delay won't be long so I really don't mind.

If Telltale stays true to their words that is. :D

• I bought it here from Germany directly from the Telltale website (not from gametap itself)

It was easy-- just need a credit card (oops well I did use a credit card with an american address) but they take paypal too.

I do hope Gametap will be available here soon

Add Comment