User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dominic Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun, I like play monkey game islands, you like played ?

In my country we say to let a woman drive a car is like to let a monkey fly a plane, very dangerous yes.

• @Vodiara said:
    Everything looks great about the game, xept one thing, how you feel about guybrushes new look? Its kinda too different form the classic ones, that the only complaint atm :( Dont you think so?

When I think back, I realize that every time another MI came out, I had basically the same kind of reaction -- MI2: "what the.. Guybrush has a beard?!", CMI: "what the... why is Guybrush so tall!?", EMI: "what the... why is Guybrush so short... and in 3d!?!" Once I start playing it though, I get used to him and then he's just Guybrush.

The only thing about the new look that I don't like is the ear piercings. I think Guybrush would be too scared of having a needle jammed through his ear... I'll just assume they're clip-ons. :D

• Do you own a chicken with a pulley in the middle? If so what uses does it have? ;)

• Hi Dominic,

Good to hear your voice once again as the greatest wannabe pirate of all time.

Since you did the voice of Largo in that 2002 April fools joke of soundbytes for the fake Monkey Island 5, I was just wondering do you think Largo could make a return in these new adventures and would you actually do the voice as well?

• Hi,

I've read somewhere that there's only one guy who does like half of all Futurama voices, and many times recording episodes meant that the guy was talking by himself. So is voice acting about the ability to change your voice, or can you have a career with only one voice? Is changing your voice and inventing new voices something you can learn, or something that must come naturally?

• Well, I don't think I have any more questions for the time being, so I just want to thank Dom for his time :)

• What was the most fun for you this time around, an all new Monkey Island, or recording the audio for Secret?

• What are your favorite games besides the point and click ones Dom? (You seem like a Fallout 2/Baldurs Gate guy :P)

• Hey Dominic, it's great to have you back. What would you say is your favorite insult from Monkey Island? Aside from the obvious of course.

Add Comment