User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Stan needs to be in the game pretty much, also if you could make the textures in his coat not mode when his hands are moving that'd be great.

And yeah Stan has appeared in all 4 Monkey Islands. Stan, the Voodoo Lady and Herman Toothrot appeared in every Monkey Island game.

• Herman Toothrot did not appear in CMI (Unless you count the animatronic version in the rollercoaster)

• Well, Toothrot's only in CMI animatronically.

This might be bordering on the spoilerish, but will we actually visit Monkey Island at some point during the series?

(Hey, it's not a complete gimme... Didn't go there in MI2. Well, technically, I guess Guybrush was on Monkey Island when he emerged from the tunnels, as retconned by CMI, but still.)

ETA: Damnit, someone beat me to the Herman thing.

E(again)TA: proper grammar.

• I would say visiting Monkey Island eventually in the game is almost a sure thing.

And I hope they emphatize the mystic quality of the place ( a thing I thought they did quite well in parts of EFMI), being this unique island were all sorts of crazy stuff happens (just getting there requires all sorts of mumbo jumbo) and where a gateway to the netherworld is located.

• I can never thank you enough for bringing back MI. I've just been diagnosed with cancer, and this news is the first thing that's made me smile all week. Now I have a reason to put up with chemo!!!

One question and one question only: What would it take to get Earl Boen back as LeChuck?

• Not a question, just a big THANK YOU to the gang for bringing MI back to life. It'll wash the bad taste of Pirates of the Caribbean out of my mouth.

Now, a plea: PLEASE make the game playable with the mouse solely, as an option at least. I'm disabled, and using a keyboard isn't an option. (The screen keyboard doesn't send the codes to signal that a key is depressed, only upon release.) So that's another vote for point-n-click.

• Are there any indoor or nighttime locations in TMI?

• Is Michael Land working with Jared on this, or is it just his show?

• @|nephron| said: Ok, that sounds fine to me. But how will this work exactly then? Will the localized versions be on the DVD then or will there be an update for download to get the other languages later? Or will I have to buy another version if I want to get the localized version later?

PS: Thanks for the very fast reply... ;)

I can't answer that because I honestly don't know at all. Localization has been handled differently with almost every product we've done.

@|nephron| said: Is Michael Land working with Jared on this, or is it just his show?

As of now it's all Michael Land. Jared's keeping busy full time doing the music for Wallace & Gromit episodes 3 and 4, and I think he'll be busy scoring something that rhymes with schmam and schmax schmeasson schmee, but who knows if he'll come in on the assist as we get further down the road.

• @Ry Guy said: Well, we took into account the way people responded to the previous looks of Guybrush. Most people really dug his blue jacket and look from 2. Many people didn't like the tall lanky version from 3, but we still wanted to stylize and have it feel like Guybrush. His real personality, for me, came out when he finally had a spoken voice. We also wanted to have him seem older because this is essentially after MI5. He just came across as creepy with a beard. I had fun drawing him regardless the way he looks. I have a sheet of old Guybrush drawings laying around here I'll see about posting. Once Guybrush was designed, he served as something to gauge everyone else off of (i.e. Elaine compliments his shape)

Another question directed to nobody in particular... but, Why did you guys choose to make it MI6 (for all intents and purposes) why did you skip 5?

I have a snarky suspicion lucas had something to do with it..... eh?

Add Comment