User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island: Dislikes

posted by lmi on - last edited - Viewed by 512 users

well, i decided to dedicate this thread to the criticism of the 'tales of monkey island'. while i'm sure we're all grateful to the telltale and lucasarts for reviving their work on the series, i'm also sure that true MI fans have a thing or two to say about this.

here's a list of my own dislikes.

minor dislikes:

- the MAIN characters are ugly (actually, by saying 'main', i mean guybrush for the most part; you probably tried ur best, but still he looks like a chicken from wallace&gromit or something. i also think you overdid lechuck too). don't get me wrong i'm not against 3d or anythin. i even played EMI and liked it (though monkey combat was a bit 2much it seems), despite what some ppl are saying about it. but when it comes to my FAVOURITE GAME, i'd really appreciate charismatic, better-looking characters.

- earring. what the heck's in guybrush's right ear? do u guys c him as queer or somthin? besides, when did he wear more than one earring?! you sure made him look more manly compared to some parts, and props to you on that... but earrings?

MAJOR dislikes:

- *reading through the game titles* launch of... the siege... lair... the trial... the rise of the WHAT?!! is paganism fancy today or something? ppl 2day r tryin 2 copy warcraft or somthin?!! that crap spoiled 4 me the impression from the third part of 'the pirates of the caribbean'. outa ur own ideas, ask MI fans, i'm sure, they've got plenty! i'm really looking forward to buying SMI:SE this year (as i did with all the previous MI games). and, i dont really mind if u ignore the stuff i labelled as 'minor dislikes', but if u put the 'pirate god' (without at least putting quotation marks over it or something, to show that u dont really mean it) crap into the game, dont even hope on me buying it. as a founder of a MI fan club (ur in luck its not really big - over 100 people) i will not recommend the fans to buy it.
twas kinda harmless (even funny, an sorta cool) 2 c the voodoo magic n stuff in the previos series, but dont u think that something that ur fifth chapter title has is just OVER THE EDGE?

why 'pirate god', anyway? why not 'pirate king', or 'pirate demon' (ok, there sorta was 1 b4), 'great pirate demon', or at least 'pirate lord'? c'mon guys, u gotta 2 do better then the lame title of the fifth chapter. the SECOND worst thing to calling creature a 'god' in my most beloved game, would probably b elaine cheating on guybrush or something (and im writing this so that you could comprehend HOW HORRIBLE for me is what you perhaps are going to do).

note: by the above message i mean no offence to anyone, harsh words like 'crap' are used solely as an expression of disappointment to some extent.

best wishes to the telltale Team! hoping you still have the time and the capability to change something about the fifth chapter, keeping the game religiously neutral as it always has been, and not ruin it like the third part of the movie "the pirates of the caribbean"...

i'm sure that you would make not only me HAPPY, but many-many MI fans all around the WORLD should you do a minor CHANGE on the thing i pointed out...

p.s.: yeah, i kno theres a topic bout complaints an all, but this isnt really a complaint. more like a statement. any1 who wants 2 write something like "i luv u telltale" or "thank you telltale, i hav no objections", or "it's so great that ur making a new game, and i dont care whats inside as long as it has a mi label on it" please refrain from doing so in here. there are many topics on this forum for you to express your joy, so leave at least this one for criticism. thank you!

29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What's wrong with paganism?

And Guybrush would make a better god than any of the other candidates out there.

• The implied link between paganism and ToMI cracks me up.

@Armakuni said: What's wrong with paganism?

Indeed, the OP would likely tell you what they think is wrong with paganism, but I can only imagine it would be littered with hearsay and fallacious stereotypes, and no actual research.

Regardless, this thread has been reported, the sooner this travesty gets locked, the better.

• lmi is my new favorite poster. Do you have a blog, lmi?

I have to disagree with one point, though. Elaine cheating on Guybrush would be way worse than calling a creature god. Unless, however, they capitalized god (i.e. God), in which case that would be way worse than Elaine cheating on Guybrush.

But way worse than any of those things is if Guybrush turns out to be queer (as is hinted at with the earrings) and elopes with Wally (who has always struck me as being a little light in the loafers). Please reconsider this storyline which appears to be inevitable based on the trailer!!

• @salmonmax said: if Guybrush turns out to be queer (as is hinted at with the earrings) and elopes with Wally

You have a great grasp of satire, and for that, you're neat.

I want to try too! *ahem* omg, some1 shud ttly slashfic that !!

• User Avatar Image
    lmi

@Armakuni said: What's wrong with paganism?

i believe that anyone is free to follow the religious beliefs they want. but... paganism in MI (in my opinion) is just really WRONG.

@Armakuni said: lmi is my new favorite poster. Do you have a blog, lmi?

thanx, mate! nope, no blog...

@Armakuni said: Unless, however, they capitalized god (i.e. God), in which case that would be way worse than Elaine cheating on Guybrush.

that was kinda what i meant.

@Armakuni said: Please reconsider this storyline which appears to be inevitable based on the trailer!!

LOL))))

Sherman the lactose-intolerant volcano god anyone?

• Voodoo doesn't count?

• Voodoo is awesome. Two of my favourite series feature it (GK and MI).

• @Xocrates said: Voodoo doesn't count?

I think lmi explained himself pretty clearly. Voodoo is funny and kinda cool. Paganism is wrong and cause for concern.

• yeah, but whatever this episode contents happen to be, do anyone really believe it's gonna be something to be taken seriously... ?

This discussion has been closed.