Menu
User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 15.9K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sorry to ask this, but I'm lazy to find out if you've already answered somewhere else in this ocean of posts. Will there be italian subtitles, as in W&G?

• Here's a quote answering that -

@Jake said: It's a near certainty that the game will be localized into other languages eventually, but the release on July 7th will be English language only (though anyone in the world can buy it of course!).

• @Merkel said: Yes, the music is pretty much all composed already, just needs some reorchestration (and a simply one at that, I reckon), so I would assume they don't really need to bring Michael Land back for the special edition

Ooops. Guess I have to pester Lucasarts about a new soundtrack CD then. :)

• Important question alert! I haven't read the entire thread yet, so if it's a repeat, sorry.

Has the entire dev team played all the MI games? I just want reassurance that they know exactly what they are getting into :)

• User Avatar Image
    EricP Telltale Staff

@Jake said:
    and I think he'll be busy scoring something that rhymes with schmam and schmax schmeasson schmee

Oh man! We're making Jam and Trax's Treason Spree??! Finally!! I knew all my emails and petitions would pay off.

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@SRTie4k said: Important question alert! I haven't read the entire thread yet, so if it's a repeat, sorry.

Has the entire dev team played all the MI games? I just want reassurance that they know exactly what they are getting into :)

Oh yes! Many many times! In fact, several members of the team have worked on previous Monkey Island games as well! From the designers, to the writers, artists and animators, we are all well steeped in Monkey Island goodness!

• User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff

@EricP said: Oh man! We're making Jam and Trax's Treason Spree??! Finally!! I knew all my emails and petitions would pay off.

SWEET! I loved Jam and Trax's Decent Shoes I sure hope Treason Spree is just as good!

• hey there glorious telltale team which gave us the Sam and Max series and is currently working on Tales of Monkey island!!!

did I mention that I really really love you?

• I read in a TTG interview that Ron Gilbert himself might be answering some questions on the forums. Will he have his own thread (in the same vein as Dominic Armato)? When do you think that might happen?

• @MarkDarin said: SWEET! I loved Jam and Trax's Decent Shoes I sure hope Treason Spree is just as good!

Oh, man, they're still milking the Jam & Trax license? I was looking forward to Wham! Attacks Bees in Trees, with full keyboard control of George Michael & Andrew Ridgeley.

Telltale used to be so cool. Guess you gotta go after those console dollars.

Add Comment