User Avatar Image

Questions for Dominic Armato!

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 7.3K users

If you see a guy with the username "dmnkly" skulking around, it's probably Dominic Armato, (better known as) the voice of Guybrush Threepwood!

If you've got any questions for Dom or just want to say hello, drop 'em here!

Dom answers! Let's take a look...

[LIST]
[*]First round of answers! June 1st
[*]Second round of answers! June 2nd
[*]Third round of answers! June 2nd -- again!
[*]Fourth round of answers! June 3rd
[*]Fifth round of answers! June 4th
[*]Sixth round of answers! June 4th -- again!
[*]Seventh round of answers! June 5th
[/LIST]

I don't know when this will end, but that's a lot of answered questions so far! Check those to see if your question has already been answered!

690 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • What sort of promotional work do you go out and do, if any, to advertise a new game, such as ToMI? And if you have done it, what's the weirdest you've ever had to do?

Also, a bit random and off topic, but what car do you drive?

• Hi Dom!

My name is Andrei. It's a great honor for me to have this oportunity of asking you a question. I know that you try to provide everybody with an answer. I really don't want to take too much of your time by asking many questions (and believe me, I have plenty) :)
    I will try to sum them up and ask only two.

1. Do you have any advice for me, from your point of view (a man that never ceased to feel happiness and to see the world through the eyes of a child), and from Guybrush's point of view (the character that inspired my way in life and has shown me that I should never stop "wanting to be a pirate", as in fulfilling my dreams and never give up)?

2. Is there any way I could receive your autograph on a picture of Guybrush? :-) I know it's silly, and perhaps everybody wishes that, but it would mean a lot to this old sea urchin.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for being here.
    I am Andrei Constantinescu, and I'm a mighty pirate, thanks to you...

• Hi Dom, I remember you lurking around the scene back in the SCUMM Bar/COMI days and it's great to have you back, the very first question I asked when told about the new games was 'Have they got Dominic Armato?'....even before I thought about Ron being involved.

My question is, when you were recording for EMI did you feel any difference in the spark of the story? Not that it was a bad game but I think most of us old timers agree it wasn't up to the Lucasarts standard, how well do you think Telltale are doing bottling the lightning? :cool:

• everyone has asked what your favorite parts of the MI games were but i would like to know what was your least favorite puzzle/line/scene of all the monkey island games?

• If LucasArts does a remake of MI2, would your Guybrush sound different than your MI1 Guybrush? Or more generally, when you play them do you imagine them sounding different? I have the most trouble picturing the CMI voice with MI2 Guybrush, probably mostly due to his slightly aged appearance.

• In SoMI during the idol puzzle, DID YOU KNOW GUYBRUSH CAN DIE!!!! i just found out

Do you actually have to load the game again, or is it a typical MI death where you can still do stuff

• This former sailor is very happy to know that Monkey Island is back and that Dominic is voice the mighty pirate Guybrush Threepwood!

• @hamzie said: In SoMI [...] DID YOU KNOW GUYBRUSH CAN DIE!!!! i just found out

I know he can drown if you don't solve the underwater riddle fast enough (real death, have to reload the game) and he can jump off the cliff (Death screen but the game continues).

• Dominic, hearing you'd be back really put this MI revival in perspective. It just wouldn't have felt like Monkey Island without you involved.
    And thank you for the opportunity to ask this Burning Question I've been hoping to put to you for many years:

What the he'll is the McDonald's mascot "Grimace" meant to be?

• @der_ketzer said: I know he can drown if you don't solve the underwater riddle fast enough (real death, have to reload the game) and he can jump off the cliff (Death screen but the game continues).

ah thanks

and if you dont solve the riddle in 10 minutes he dies

10 minutes for that idol puzzle? How is that possible!!!!

Add Comment