User Avatar Image

Q&A With the Team

posted by Jake on - last edited - Viewed by 6.1K users

Welcome to the secret forum! As a thank you for pre-ordering, we've created this little backstage area where you can hang out with the development team, keep an eye on the development of Tales of Monkey Island, and hopefully get your hands on things before we go wide with them to the public.

First off, though, let's start a Q&A thread!

Any questions you've got for the development team, ask 'em here!
We'll try to dogpile this thread with high quality facts and higher quality lies conversation!

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Ry Guy Telltale Staff

@Tjibbbe said: Speaking of the E3-demo, one game I was reminded of (next to CMI, which I think is the Monkey Island it looks like the most - in the demo part at least) was Zelda: Wind Waker. The second island you visit in that one (Windfall Island? I can't remember, it's been too long) really came to mind upon seeing Flotsam Island. I don't know why, I guess it's the sunny, tropical Island-harbor setting, the cartoony atmosphere and the design (big, brightly colored surfaces, stuff like that). Was Wind Waker an influence here, or am I just rambling?

Who isn't influenced by that game? I guess maybe sub consciously I was.

• I was reading the other day about how in the early days of Sierra On-Line, Roberta Williams would personally give people hints when they called the office number. That made me wonder if any of the developers that went back and played the original games, which another post mentioned a lot of people were doing, got stuck on a puzzle and had to ask someone that worked on that game for a solution?

• Hi guys!
    I know this is a little bit early...actually, too damn early to say, but I'm gonna risk asking you this anyway:
    -When will we see Season 3 of Sam n Max?
    also
    -If the first season of ToMI sells enough copies (episodes), will you make a second season? Or it is just a stand-alone non-futuristic project?

One more thing, and I know that everybody asked you this... The buttons/badges, how can we get those in our posession without going all "I'm a pirate, I've come to plunder, give me buttons!" on your headquarters? :D

• @Silverwolfpet said: Hi guys!
    I know this is a little bit early...actually, too damn early to say, but I'm gonna risk asking you this anyway:
    -When will we see Season 3 of Sam n Max?
    also
    -If the first season of ToMI sells enough copies (episodes), will you make a second season? Or it is just a stand-alone non-futuristic project?

One more thing, and I know that everybody asked you this... The buttons/badges, how can we get those in our posession without going all "I'm a pirate, I've come to plunder, give me buttons!" on your headquarters? :D

itll be awesome if there is a season 2

More money for telltales :p

• @hamzie said: itll be awesome if there is a season 2

More money for telltales :p

ITYM "More money for Telltale, more Monkey for us" - it's a win-win situation... :D

np: Quasimodo Jones - The Ballad Of Quasimodo Jones (Robots & Rebels)

• @MarkDarin said: SWEET! I loved Jam and Trax's Decent Shoes I sure hope Treason Spree is just as good!

It can't be worse than Cheese 'n' Bun which when you boil it down turned out to be about a sandwich.

• @Joe Newberry said: I was reading the other day about how in the early days of Sierra On-Line, Roberta Williams would personally give people hints when they called the office number. That made me wonder if any of the developers that went back and played the original games, which another post mentioned a lot of people were doing, got stuck on a puzzle and had to ask someone that worked on that game for a solution?

That reminds me of an interview she gave... when talking about the much harder puzzles in games back then, she mentioned they expected video gamers to be more educated back then as computers were very expensive :D

• @Armakuni said: That reminds me of an interview she gave... when talking about the much harder puzzles in games back then, she mentioned they expected video gamers to be more educated back then as computers were very expensive :D

Wow, that's lack of self insight! Roberta Williams wrote some of the most illogical, unfair and downright bad puzzles in the history of adventure gaming. Education will not help you solve those puzzles. It was a test of patience more than anything.

Add Comment